View Full Version : Peer Review

billiam1185
June 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
I think it'd be awesome if we had a peer review section where people could submit text using whatever skills they are learning at the moment (or just learned) and others would point out any errors.

That way, we can exercise the stuff we are learning RIGHT AWAY, at least to make sure we know how to use the word or skill correctly.

(The things we write might be meaningless. A beginner might write, for example, the following dialog to practice the basics:
-Como es?
-Yo soy bueno, gracias. )

Others then could inform this beginner that he needs to use the verb "estar" instead of "ser".

Just an idea. :)

Rusty
June 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
This is the whole premise of the forums, especially the 'Practice & Homework' forum. Your peers (other members) will correct any errors you make if they are certain they're not doing your homework for you and that you welcome the corrections. Waiting for the reply is about the only drawback.

Live chat won't work because very few of us members are logged on at the same time.

By the way, context is very important. For example, other than the missing punctuation and accent mark, your first question is perfectly good Spanish. That is how you would ask someone about the character of a third person or how you would solicit a description of what something is like.
It is also perfect Spanish to say "Soy bueno."

Learning when to use ser and when to use estar is very important. That's why there's a thread devoted to that topic.

Making mistakes and getting answers as to why they are mistakes is all a part of learning.

caliber1
August 08, 2011, 11:00 PM
Live chat won't work because very few of us members are logged on at the same time.

LOL!!! Rusty, I think I've always seen you logged in. :whistling:

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org