View Full Version : Daily spanish news

ArthurBishop
July 13, 2011, 04:33 AM
Hi all

Can someone recommend me a daily spanish news website to read. That is in spanish. Im looking to be able to practice some spanish by reading an article every day. If there was one specific for the costa blanca it would be even better :) ive tried google but all the results seem to be english

Perikles
July 13, 2011, 05:05 AM
The most informative for Spain is perhaps El País (http://www.elpais.com/) which is sometimes hard going. There is a lot more in it than is displayed, so you can search around under different headings. :)

ArthurBishop
July 13, 2011, 05:31 AM
Thanks for that! maybe a news site is too much to start with. Can someone suggest some good spanish blogs?

Perikles
July 13, 2011, 05:41 AM
I find the Spanish on-line blogs actually harder to read than a newspaper, because people use all kinds of slang and dialect, trying to be trendy, I suppose. At least the national newspapers use 'standard' Spanish.

But maybe someone else here can suggest an easy blog. Most of the users here are from the other side of the Atlantic, so use this forum in the middle of the night. You might not get a response quickly.

Welcome, by the way. :)

ArthurBishop
July 13, 2011, 05:58 AM
excellent! thanks

poli
July 13, 2011, 06:30 AM
El Universal is a good one from Mexico. I was made aware of this by Angela a short while ago.

El Clarín from Argentina is good, and it covers show business well.

Aso in Spain there is ABC and el Mundo (el Mundo is really easy to read). When reading ABC and el Pais it is easy to see that the issues of the Spanish Civil War are still alive in Spain especially when you see the readers' commentaries which are sometimes very angry.

El Pais has blogs, and sometimes they are fun to read and the commentaries can be fun too.

Spanish language news from the United States is easily available from
Univision's colorful website.

CrOtALiTo
July 13, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hi all

Can someone recommend me a daily spanish news website to read. That is in spanish. Im looking to be able to practice some spanish by reading an article every day. If there was one specific for the costa blanca it would be even better :) ive tried google but all the results seem to be english

Have you tried with the Livemocha.com website, there are some teacher native speaker Spanish than they can give you hand with your learning in Spanish.

Now you can try to read some news in Spanish for example I can give you this link of a news paper company very known here in México www.eluniversal.com.mx

I hope you can practice your Spanish.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org