View Full Version : Traditionalistic Cooking

CrOtALiTo
June 25, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hello world.:pelota:

I'll talk about the Mexican Food, here in my country, there are a lot of variety of food, as Tortas, Panuchos, Mole, Cochinita, Chiles Rellenos, Pollo Asado, Pavo al Horno, these types of food are very delicious, and the women is mainly the person who cook, because it was taugth for their grandmas that same tradition of the Mexican cooking.

In your country, What is the tradition food.?:confused:

I await your comments.

Elaina
June 25, 2008, 05:00 PM
¿Qué son "panuchos"?

Did you know that some of the greatest cooks in the world are men? But I know what you mean. It was a tradition to pass down recipes from female to female (grandmother to daughter to granddaughter, etc).

Do you know how to cook?

Elaina:thinking:

CrOtALiTo
June 25, 2008, 05:29 PM
I don't know cook, elaina. I'm sorry

And the PANUCHOS are these, good, I don't know, how do it, but here I set a link about the panuchos.
http://thematrix.sureste.com/cityview/merida1/articulos/panucho.htm

Elaina
June 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
Parecen huaraches..........pero más pequeñas y redondas o hasta tostadas. Se ven deliciosas.

Quizás podrías aprender a cocinar. Empieza buscando un platillo sencillo y trátalo. A lo mejor te gusta. Si tienes empeño lo puedes hacer.

Elaina:cool:

Tomisimo
June 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't know if everyone else will agree with me, but I'd say mashed potatoes and gravy, steak and apple pie are traditional American foods.

Edit: ¿Qué es el Ajusco?

Elaina
June 25, 2008, 09:35 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm
-steak
-mashed potatoes
-how about apple pie a la mode?

Aunque de vez en cuando un buen perro caliente (estilo Chicago, por supuesto) es mejor que un bistec.

When you are making tortillas or gorditas or huaraches or whatever, in the beginning stage of cooking they will all develop a skin on the outside that is almost as thin as the old "onion skin paper". This is called "ajusco".

Elaina:cool::thumbsup::pelota:;)

poli
June 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
Elaina, es verdad que unos de los mejores concineros son hombres, pero estoy de acuerdo con Crotalito que la mejor comida mexicana está hecho por señoras. Creo que no hay mucha gente que sabe la riquesa y varidad de la cocina mexicana.

CrOtALiTo
June 25, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm agree with you, Poli, here in my contry the mainly the person almost it will be womens, because is almost a tradition.

Please, you don't forget vote in the poll of the food.

David, the Ajusco is a place mountainous. very beautiful, sometimes at the ajusto fall snow, maily in december.

Elaina
June 26, 2008, 08:24 AM
jajajajaja.....I got my wires crossed!! You see, I shouldn't be working that late at night.

Yes, yes....ajusco is a place in Mexico where there is a volcano. Not what I told you before....I was reading the recipe for panuchos and got all confused.

Please forgive me for giving you the wrong information.

Elaina:worried::worried::worried:

CrOtALiTo
June 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
Why do you said it?, Elaina, you sleeped very late last night, jejeje, I have seen you wrote the post very late alround of the 3:00 the morning, to the three of the morning, I'm sleeping and you are writting post, well, I haven't got picture above the Ajusco, but I could to find in the website and later, I could to set in the forums for that you can to meet the place called Ajusco.

Of course, if you let me show you the picture.

I hope you all are well.

I await your corrections.

poli
June 26, 2008, 12:36 PM
Why do you said it?, Elaina, you slept very late last night, jejeje. I have seen you wrote the post very late around 3:00 in the morning.At thrree of the morning, I'm sleeping and you are writing post. Well, I haven't got a picture of the Ajusco, but I could to find in the website and later. I could send it to the forums so that you can see the place called Ajusco.

Of course,only if you let me show you the picture.

I hope you all are well.
---------------------------------------------
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajusco
I await your corrections.
----------------------------------------------

CrOtALiTo
June 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
Poli set siginifica poner o colocar?

I could send it to the forums so

I could set in the forums

Podrias ponerlos en los foros. right

Tomisimo
June 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
Poli set siginifica poner o colocar?

I could send it to the forums so

I could set in the forums

Podrias ponerlos en los foros. right

set = poner, colocar, ajustar, fijar, colocar sobre una superficie
put = poner, colocar

Así que put es mucho mejor en este caso:
I could put them on the forums.

CrOtALiTo
June 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
All right, David. Thank you very much.

Then set is, poner, fijar, colocar, ajustar onto a surface area.

It's correct right.

I'll put a picture about the Ajusco Mexico, as soon as possible, today I have been trying of found some picture about it, I'm try my best put the picture on the forum.

CrOtALiTo
June 27, 2008, 08:55 AM
The Food Of The Ajusto Is Barbacoa, Tank You Very Much, For Participate In The Poll Public.

Regards.

thread Close.

Tomisimo
June 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'll put a picture about the Ajusco Mexico, as soon as possible, today I have been trying of found some picture about it, I'm try my best put the picture on the forum.
I'll put(upload) a picture of Ajusco, Mexico as soon as possible. Today I have been trying to find some pictures of it. I'm trying my best to put the picture on the forum.

CrOtALiTo
June 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks for your corrections, David, I'm back into forums, in all weekend, I didn't touch not any computer jejeje.

Rusty
June 30, 2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks for your corrections, David.
I'm back in the forums.
All weekend, I didn't touch not any computer. jejeje.

También puedes escojer de cualquier de las siguientes:

All weekend (long), I didn't touch a single computer.
I didn't touch a/any computer all weekend long.
I didn't touch a single computer all weekend long.
I didn't touch a computer at all during the weekend.
During the weekend, I didn't touch a single computer.

CrOtALiTo
June 30, 2008, 08:39 AM
I like this option, During the weekend, I didn't touch a single computer.

Thaks Rusty.

Alfonso
July 01, 2008, 12:17 PM
Rusty: También puedes escoger (entre) cualquiera de las siguientes...

I hope it helps!

María José
July 01, 2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know if everyone else will agree with me, but I'd say mashed potatoes and gravy, steak and apple pie are traditional American foods.

Edit: ¿Qué es el Ajusco?
No more food, people, please, I'm on a diet...

Tomisimo
July 01, 2008, 01:56 PM
No more food, people, please, I'm on a diet...
I'm making some homemade grilled burgers for lunch today... hehe.

María José
July 01, 2008, 02:22 PM
Boo hoo hoo!:sad:

Tomisimo
July 01, 2008, 02:25 PM
Perdóname, no quise hacerte llorar. :(

CrOtALiTo
July 01, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah Gemma you eat, EAT, you are a diet on, Why do you are a on diet.?

Elaina
July 02, 2008, 08:09 PM
Because women are always on a diet! Sometimes for no specific reason.

Elaina:p

CrOtALiTo
July 03, 2008, 09:07 AM
Jejejej, is it right, All the womens always is in a diet.

For this reason all the womens is very beautiful.

Rusty
July 03, 2008, 09:35 AM
Ha Ha Ha! That's true (That's for sure) (That's correct) (That's right)! All the womens are always is on a diet.

For this reason (that's why) all the womens are very beautiful.

Some corrections for you, Jorge.

CrOtALiTo
July 03, 2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks Rusty.

That's for sure, your corrections.

Rusty
July 03, 2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks Rusty.

That's for sure! (your corrections)

La frase that's for sure significa sin duda, eso es seguro, de hecho, o algo así. Si no añades nada más, se entiende que te hice muchas correcciones. Lo que sigue la frase explica a que se refiere (your corrections) y debe ponerlo entre paréntesis.

Jessica
September 29, 2008, 05:39 PM
salads. fries. I am not familiar with American food. I eat Chinese food everyday. Pizza?

CrOtALiTo
September 29, 2008, 09:56 PM
Yea I love the Pizza Jchen.

Tomisimo
September 30, 2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah I love the Pizza Jchen.
Recuerda que sólo debes usar el artículo (the) en inglés cuando te refieres a algo específicamente, y no cuand estás hablando en general.

Ya llegó la pizza = The pizza is here. (específico - te estás refiriendo a una pizza que está allí)
Me encanta la pizza = I love pizza. (general - te estás refiriendo a la pizza en general, no a una pizza específica)

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org