View Full Version : Reputation

Elaina
July 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
David,

What is the scoring system for "reputation"? I notice I have "very little reputation" and was wondering how a person obtains it or how one adds points to their reputation.:thinking::thinking:

Before you answer that......is having a lot of points under reputation good or bad? Maybe I need for information.....:applause::applause:

Elaina:cool:

Tomisimo
July 29, 2008, 05:08 PM
The more reputation you have, the better. The way it works is every time someone leaves a reputation comment for you (by clicking this icon http://forums.tomisimo.org/images/smooth-buttons-en-5/reputation.gif on your posts), if they click "I approve" it adds a reputation point to you, if they click "I disapprove", it takes one point away.

Depending on who gives or takes reputation away, it can add or subtract more than one point, based on a number of factors, such as their postcount, number of threads they've started, how long they have been a member and some other factors.

I hope that answers your question. If you have any more questions, just ask! :)

Oh, one other thing, you can see the last 5 reputation comments someone has left you in your Control Panel (http://forums.tomisimo.org/usercp.php).

Marsopa
July 30, 2008, 07:44 AM
I don't see any such icon or I would give you some reputation points, Elaina! :o:)

Tomisimo
July 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
I don't see any such icon or I would give you some reputation points, Elaina! :o:)
It's near the upper-right corner of each post! :)

http://forums.tomisimo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=67&stc=1&d=1217445220

Jessica
October 16, 2008, 06:30 PM
you were confused about it as I were.
But now I got it ;)

AngelicaDeAlquezar
June 25, 2009, 10:54 AM
Little question: I found a blue square in my comments list, but the others are green. Does that mean that someone disapproved on that post? :worried:

bobjenkins
June 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
No sé que se podría dar bien/mala reputación

Buena utilidad:)

irmamar
June 25, 2009, 11:08 AM
No sé que se podría dar bien/mala reputación

Buena utilidad:)

I had seen it, but I didn't understand the way to do it. Now I know :)

Tomisimo
July 17, 2009, 01:59 PM
Little question: I found a blue square in my comments list, but the others are green. Does that mean that someone disapproved on that post? :worried:
Sorry for not seeing this question earlier. A blue square means that someone tried to give you positive reputation, but they themselves have less than 10 reputation points, meaning that any reputation they give out is worth zero points. Positive reputation is green and negative reputation is red. Does that make sense?

brute
July 18, 2009, 03:50 PM
David,

What is the scoring system for "reputation"? I notice I have "very little reputation" and was wondering how a person obtains it or how one adds points to their reputation.:thinking::thinking:

Before you answer that......is having a lot of points under reputation good or bad? Maybe I need for information.....:applause::applause:

Elaina:cool:

I am sorry to hear that you have a bad reputation. You sound like my sort of girl! I will try to improve it for you!

CrOtALiTo
July 18, 2009, 06:51 PM
Don't worry Elaina, also I have bad reputation in my profile even although I have around to four thousand to messages, till I have the opportunity to set something under my nick.

And I have more 1 year in the website.

AngelicaDeAlquezar
July 18, 2009, 10:47 PM
Sorry for not seeing this question earlier. A blue square means that someone tried to give you positive reputation, but they themselves have less than 10 reputation points, meaning that any reputation they give out is worth zero points. Positive reputation is green and negative reputation is red. Does that make sense?

Thank you, David. It's perfectly clear now. :rose:

Tomisimo
July 18, 2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you, David. It's perfectly clear now. :rose:
You're very welcome.

EmpanadaRica
August 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
Oh, one other thing, you can see the last 5 reputation comments someone has left you in your Control Panel (http://forums.tomisimo.org/usercp.php).

Hmm well I am discovering this button.. :p

Not really 100% sure of the purpose to be honest. :o So you can give reputation points to others or they can be given to you, but ehh well if you have a good or bad reputation does that have any consequences? :thinking:

Also I have noticed only 1 comment in my control panel :sad: Does that mean I don't have enough reputation points to give others good reputation either? :sad:

It does say 11 points I think so is that enough then or not? And if someone gives me a bad reputation does that mean I get below this threshold again? :confused:

Sorry I am still a little confused on this reputation thing? :o

CrOtALiTo
August 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hmm well I am discovering this button.. :p

Not really 100% sure of the purpose to be honest. :o So you can give reputation points to others or they can be given to you, but ehh well if you have a good or bad reputation does that have any consequences? :thinking:

Also I have noticed only 1 comment in my control panel :sad: Does that mean I don't have enough reputation points to give others good reputation either? :sad:

It does say 11 points I think so is that enough then or not? And if someone gives me a bad reputation does that mean I get below this threshold again? :confused:

Sorry I am still a little confused on this reputation thing? :o

Yes, of course it has some consecuenties with the time, because in this moment it was my consecuentied, I've around to 4700 post and even I can to set any commentary or nick under my nick because, I need to have around to 30 points gave to me for people in the forum, it can be to threads created for me or other people, but as I don't have much point in my profile, and it cause that I can't have that feature.

Therefore, you take care when you give some point bad or good one.;)

EmpanadaRica
August 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
Yes, of course it has some consecuenties with the time, because in this moment it was my consecuentied, I've around to 4700 post and even I can to set any commentary or nick under my nick because, I need to have around to 30 points gave to me for people in the forum, it can be to threads created for me or other people, but as I don't have much point in my profile, and it cause that I can't have that feature.

Therefore, you take care when you give some point bad or good one.;)

Oh I see.. so you can't change your title if you have less than 30 points? Ok.. Well I wasn't planning on giving anyone bad points so don't worry.. ;)

I probably don't even have a reputation yet... :o :D (still not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.. :p)

Thanx for explaining Crotalito! :) :thumbsup:

laepelba
August 22, 2009, 04:02 PM
I just gave a bunch of you great folks some reputation!! :)

Jessica
August 22, 2009, 06:12 PM
I haven't gotten any reputation lately, all neutral. :P

Tomisimo
August 22, 2009, 06:44 PM

The purpose of reputation is to reward users who post high quality useful posts by giving them positive reputation & feedback on those posts. Conversely you can give negative reputation for posts that are out of line, disruptive, offensive, etc. So if you post useful, informative posts, your reputation should go up.

Each user starts with 10 reputations points. You have 11 points because someone has given you positive reputation one time. You only have one comment in your control panel because you've only been given reputation once. If you have over 10 rep points, you can give positive reputation.

EmpanadaRica
August 22, 2009, 11:49 PM
I just gave a bunch of you great folks some reputation!! :)

¡¡Muchas gracias!! :) :thumbsup: :rose:

The purpose of reputation is to reward users who post high quality useful posts by giving them positive reputation & feedback on those posts. Conversely you can give negative reputation for posts that are out of line, disruptive, offensive, etc. So if you post useful, informative posts, your reputation should go up.

Each user starts with 10 reputations points. You have 11 points because someone has given you positive reputation one time. You only have one comment in your control panel because you've only been given reputation once. If you have over 10 rep points, you can give positive reputation.

I see .. Thanx for explaining Tomisimo. :)

So I guess since I had the 10 points to begin with, the reputation points I have given to others sofar were 'valid' then (i.e. green, not blue)? :)

Elaina
August 23, 2009, 06:30 AM
YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET........

Thanks for the reputation!

:thumbsup::applause::rose::kiss::cake::soccer:

sosia
August 24, 2009, 12:07 AM
I am sorry to hear that you have a bad reputation. You sound like my sort of girl! I will try to improve it for you!
:D :D ::applause::applause:

María José
August 24, 2009, 12:39 PM
I haven't gotten any reputation lately, all neutral. :P
I gave you some the other day.:)

Jessica
August 24, 2009, 01:44 PM
Yes, I noticed ;) Thanks

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org