View Full Version : What happened to the forum today.

CrOtALiTo
August 05, 2008, 01:57 PM
David, today I saw, what the website tomisimo.org, it was off line, why the website was off line, Do you had had fault in your server or domain.?

Regards.

Tomisimo
August 05, 2008, 04:21 PM
The site was down for about two hours (or maybe longer), it was a problem with my host. Right now tomisimo.org is running on shared hosting and it has pretty much outgrown the package I have. Pretty soon I'll probably have to upgrade to a virtual private server.

María José
August 05, 2008, 05:55 PM
Wow! Was that English? Because I didn't understand a word. (Just trying to preserve my reputation here)

Tomisimo
August 05, 2008, 06:16 PM
People have told me that I'm forgetting how to speak English, because I speak Spanish so much, but I didn't know it was *that* bad. :eek: :banghead: j/k. :D

Rusty
August 05, 2008, 08:01 PM
I think she was chiding you about the technical jargon, nada más.

CrOtALiTo
August 05, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ok, then you had problems in the hosting, you told me, what you'll need create a virtual server, the question is, you have rented a hosting in a server and you have rented a domain too, you have a website, that I created two years ago, and I don't use the website, it's about of movies, I've been bought movies at the internet, and sole me, I used the website with costumers, but I arrived time, where I can't continue with the website for fail of time, in my work I hadn't time for doing it more thing as perfomance for the website good, I believe that is hard the drive of a website and more where you the do it alone.

Regards.

Have a good night.

Tomisimo
August 06, 2008, 12:53 AM
That makes sense. :)

María José
August 06, 2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah, David. Rusty is right. I was just making a joke about me being the dumb innocent.(how self-centred of me!):o
BTW does j/k stand for joke?

Rusty
August 06, 2008, 06:07 AM
j/k = just kidding

Marsopa
August 06, 2008, 08:15 AM
I thought maybe I was forbidden to go there on this different computer. Anyway, I was trying to get help on a phrase in a letter I was translating. Standard business lingo is not my specialty...

"Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter." Suggestions?

Thanks,

María José
August 06, 2008, 08:37 AM
j/k = just kiddingThanks, Rusty.:)

poli
August 06, 2008, 08:43 AM
I thought maybe I was forbidden to go there on this different computer. Anyway, I was trying to get help on a phrase in a letter I was translating. Standard business lingo is not my specialty...

Thanks,
I would say Gracias por su ayuda

Rusty
August 06, 2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks,

I would say ...
Gracias por su atención inmediata a este asunto.

Tomisimo
August 06, 2008, 11:17 AM
"Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."
Hay muchas opciones:

Gracias por su oportuna intervención en este asunto.

:)

CrOtALiTo
August 06, 2008, 01:33 PM
David, Where you've contracted your services of host for your website and, what types of programs you use for the create of your website, please you give me ideas, I want realize my website about of Informatic accessories.

I hope you answer as soon as you can to do it.

Elaina
August 06, 2008, 05:49 PM
Wow.....that was like going cold-turkey on alcohol, sex, cigarettes and anything addictive you can find.....

I kept trying and trying and nothing....

Whew....I am so glad to be able to "speak" to you guys

:dancingman::dancingman::kiss::kiss:

Jane
August 06, 2008, 06:18 PM
:idea: Seriously, David, you should start thinking of developing a rehabilitation centre for many of us. I didn´t know it´s this bad...:warning:

María José
August 06, 2008, 06:53 PM
:idea: Seriously, David, you should start thinking of developing a rehabilitation centre for many of us. I didn´t know it´s this bad...:warning:
Good to know it's not just you and me who are addicted. Ya sabes lo de mal de muchos ,consuelo de tontos...

Elaina
August 06, 2008, 07:16 PM
Me gusta.......

"mal de muchos, consuelo de tontos"

pero, ¿cuál sería el equivalente en inglés?

:confused:

Tomisimo
August 06, 2008, 09:44 PM
David, Where you've have you contracted your hosting services of host for your website and, what types of programs do you use for the to create of your website, please you give me ideas, I want realize to create my website about of Informatic computer accessories.

I hope you answer as soon as you can to do it.

Right now the site is hosted at Dreamhost (http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?125749/hosting.html), the forums use vBulletin (http://www.tkqlhce.com/no118p-85-7NPUOSRQPNPPURRPW), and the rest of the custom coding is done in PHP in a text editor. :)

Tomisimo
August 06, 2008, 09:48 PM
Wow.....that was like going cold-turkey on alcohol, sex, cigarettes and anything addictive you can find.....

I kept trying and trying and nothing....

Whew....I am so glad to be able to "speak" to you guys

:dancingman::dancingman::kiss::kiss:

Good to know it's not just you and me who are addicted. Ya sabes lo de mal de muchos ,consuelo de tontos...

You gals are hilarious... ;)

María José
August 07, 2008, 02:44 AM
We know, but thanks anyway.;)

sosia
August 07, 2008, 02:51 AM

"Muchas gracias por su rápida respuesta ."
saludos :D

Amanpour
August 07, 2008, 08:14 AM

"Muchas gracias por su rápida respuesta ."
saludos :D
In this case, you´re not mentioning the last part of the sentence in your translation..
Or doesn´t it count?

Alfonso
August 07, 2008, 10:45 AM
In this case, you´re not mentioning the last part of the sentence in your translation..
Or doesn´t it count?I think the option Sosia gave is better than adding a este asunto or something similar. It sounds much more natural. Things of the language. And good for Sosia, who didn't make a literal translation but a good one! :rolleyes:

sosia
August 07, 2008, 11:49 PM
I think the option Sosia gave is better than adding a este asunto or something similar. It sounds much more natural. Things of the language. And good for Sosia, who didn't make a literal translation but a good one! :rolleyes:

I'm blushing :o

Or doesn´t it count?
It's sound more natural so, because the other speaking knows what are we talking about. But you can make it complete.

"Muchas gracias por su rápida respuesta a este asunto."

Saludos :D

Rusty
August 08, 2008, 07:29 AM
The reason I translated it with the a este asunto is because this phrase isn't usually spoken, it is written in a letter and is a very common phrase.

Gracias por su pronta atención a este asunto.
Gracias por su atención inmediata a este asunto.
Gracias por su atención a este asunto.
Gracias por la atención que le pueda prestar a este asunto.
Agradeceremos la atención que puedan brindar a este asunto.
Gracias por prestarle a este asunto su atención.

These may be sentences that aren't found in formal letters written by native Spanish speakers, but all are examples I found on the Internet.

Alfonso
August 08, 2008, 08:22 AM
You can find all of them written in formal letters by native Spanish speakers. All these options, as much with a este asunto as much without it, are very common.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org