View Full Version : Anniversary

Elaina
August 17, 2008, 12:37 PM
David,

¿Qué pasa con el Blog del aniversario de Tomísimo? Te arrepentiste o nomás se está tomando más tiempo de lo que pensabas?

Solo pensando.......

:thinking::hmm::hmm:

Tomisimo
August 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
No me he arrepentido de nada, sólo que todo toma mucho tiempo y con tantas cosas que hacer no le he dedicado el tiempo para hacerlo :(

Perdónenme por favor.

Lo voy a hacer muy pronto. Se lo prometo. :o

CrOtALiTo
August 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
David, How many years has the website on.?

María José
August 18, 2008, 06:18 AM
Crotalito, instead of how many years you say How long. And if you use the present perfect you need a participle, so the second part of your verb is missing.
So, something like: How long has this website been on? or How long ago did you start this website? would be better.
The example in blue is grammatically different because I used the Simple Past, thus the use of ago in the question.
Take care:)

CrOtALiTo
August 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
ok, i understood you now.

CrOtALiTo
August 18, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well, María José good morning.

The sentence, I used is also well used, and understanding at least you understood the phrase.

How many has the website on.?
Cuantos anos tiene la pagina en linea.?

You commented another form to say the same.?

How long has this website been on
Cuanto tiempo ha estado la website in linea.?

Both answer are very good and understanding.

Regards.

Childrens happy come back to class.

Rusty
August 18, 2008, 11:01 AM
Well, María José good morning.

The sentence , I used is also well used , and understood. At least you understood the phrase. No, Crotalito, your sentence is not well used (which means it's used a lot), nor is it well formed (which means it is correctly written). María gave you a better way to say it because it didn't make sense as written. I would suggest a small change to what she gave you.

How many years has the website on . ? :bad:
¿Cuántos años tiene la pagina en línea . ?
How many years has the website been on-line? :good: (This is a direct translation of your question, which would only be asked if you don't care about exact age.)
How long has the website been on-line? :good::good: (This is a better way to ask your question. You don't limit the answer to 'number of years', and the responder can be more exact.)
How long has the website been up? :good::good::good: (This is the most common way to ask your question. If you search the Internet for your question, you'll get 0 hits. If you search for this question, you'll get over 2700 hits.)

You said another way to say the same thing.

How long has this website been on . ?
¿Cuánto tiempo ha estado la website en línea .?

Both answers are very good and understood. (Both sentences, when properly translated, are good and understood.)

Regards.

:?:Children s happy come back to class. :?: (This sentence isn't complete; there is no verb. I don't know if you are asking a question or making a statement.)
Are the children happy to come back to class? (Asked if you're at the school.)
Are the children happy to go back to class? (A general question a neighbor might ask.)
Are your children happy to go back to class? (A more specific way for a neighbor/friend to ask the question.)
Children are happy to come back to class. (A statement you might hear at school.)
Children are happy to go back to class. (A general statement, made away from the school.)

Corrections above.

Tomisimo
August 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
It was conceived in Dec. 2003 and was put online in July 2004.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org