View Full Version : Voice chat for practice anyone?

supa-coopa
September 05, 2008, 12:35 PM
I would like the opportunity to practice speaking spanish. I'd like to practice with more than one person to hear different accents. I'd like to speak with someone from Spain, someone from Mexico, someone from Peru, etc etc...as many different places as possible. If anyone is interested then send me a message and we can do some online voice chat.

I said "I'd like" a lot. I'm sure any English teachers are cringing from my lack of creativity.

Quisiera la opportunidad a practicar hablando español. Quisiera a practicar con mas que una persona para oír acentos diferentes. Quisiera a hablar con alguien de España, alguien de Mexíco, alguien from Peru......(etc etc???) tanto lugares diferentes como posible. Si alguien(¿como se dice "anyone"?) es interesado entonces envíame un mensaje y podemos hablamos por (online voice chat <- ¿como se dice?)

As always, correct me where my spanish is wrong. :o

Rusty
September 05, 2008, 12:53 PM
I would like the opportunity to practice speaking Spanish. I'd like to practice with more than one person to hear different accents. I'd like to speak with someone from Spain, someone from Mexico, someone from Peru, etc etc...as many different places as possible. If anyone is interested then send me a message and we can do some online voice chat.

I said "I'd like" a lot. I'm sure any English teachers are cringing from my lack of creativity.

Quisiera la oportunidad de practicar hablando español. Quisiera a practicar con más de una persona para (poder) oír acentos diferentes. Quisiera a hablar con alguien de España, alguien de Mexíco, alguien del Perú, etc., :good: en tantos lugares (diferentes) como sea posible. Si alguien (:good:) es interesado entonces envíame un mensaje privado y podemos hablar en el chat.

As always, correct me where my Spanish is wrong. :o

Corrections above.

CrOtALiTo
September 05, 2008, 01:25 PM
Supa-coppa.

If you wanna speak with someone in Spanish, here I'm, I'd like practice my English too, and so we are both will learn our languages and develop our knowledge in both idioms.

When you want it, I give you my msn, ok

supa-coopa
September 05, 2008, 01:41 PM
Awesome!

María José
September 07, 2008, 12:52 AM
I love your idea, but at the moment I'm too busy with exams... besides I think I don't have the necessary equipment in my computer...:confused: But then again, maybe I do and don't know about it.:o I'll ask my daughter later...
I think we might have a few things in common. We both have kids and a great sense of humour...:)

CrOtALiTo
September 07, 2008, 02:26 PM
Maria Jose I've told you before that I'm Computation Engineer if you need help with you equipment please let me know and I'll be glad in help you.

supa-coopa
September 07, 2008, 04:55 PM
I would love the opportunity to speak with both of you! Maria, if you've got a mic and speakers, we can make it happen. We'll have a few drinks and you can critique my slurred spanish. :D

María José
September 08, 2008, 01:55 AM
I would love the opportunity to speak with both of you! Maria, if you've got a mic and speakers, we can make it happen. We'll have a few drinks and you can critique my slurred spanish. :D
I do have a mike(it's somewhat old) but the computer is brand new and I'm almost sure it has speakers. I love the idea of sharing over a couple of drinks , even if my friends say I cannot even take non-alcoholic beer.:o
But as I told you, I'll have to take a rain check till October, because at the moment I have more on my plate than I can handle.:):)

supa-coopa
September 08, 2008, 06:21 AM
Well, when you're ready, Holla!

CrOtALiTo
September 08, 2008, 12:47 PM
Supa, Do you want to speak with me, because I need practice more my English with someone, and if you want it, please you tell me when you've time for do it, and if you don't want do it, then I'll be very sad with you because I have the illusion of can to speak English with someone

supa-coopa
September 08, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yes, CrOtALiTo, we can talk sometime soon. My computer is not hooked up right now though. I am only able to get online at work for now. We are remodeling our house and everything is turned upside down. LOL I'll let you know as soon as I am up and running again.

CrOtALiTo
September 08, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ok, Supa don't worry, only I ask you don't be shy, jijij, take care.

María José
September 09, 2008, 08:06 AM
Well, when you're ready, Holla!
¡Hola! He tenido suerte y me da tiempo a contestarte aunque sea por escrito, que me es más fácil.
It's a holiday here today and I'm eating lunch in front of the computer in between talking to my husband and the kids, preparing lunch for tomorrow, tidying and trying to keep the peace. I've even managed to have a swim even though it's quite cloudy here today. But, being a Mum yourself, I guess you get the picture.;)
How good is your Spanish? Do you want me to write to you in Spanish?:thinking:
When things go back to normal, the exams are over and the kids back to school, we can try the voice thing ( I might have to ask you to help me get started. It's not that I'm totally stupid... just afraid of things I cannot do well):D

María José
September 09, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, CrOtALiTo, we can talk sometime soon. My computer is not hooked up right now though. I am only able to get online at work for now. We are remodeling our house and everything is turned upside down. LOL I'll let you know as soon as I am up and running again.
Reading your post made me feel better. I'm not the only one trying to survive daily chaos...:D

supa-coopa
September 09, 2008, 09:35 AM
How good is your Spanish? Do you want me to write to you in Spanish? When things go back to normal, the exams are over and the kids back to school, we can try the voice thing ( I might have to ask you to help me get started. It's not that I'm totally stupid... just afraid of things I cannot do well):D

My spoken spanish is not very good at all. I have to think about it too much. I can get out what I want to say eventually, but it's halted and I believe that would be annoying. I, like you, am a little wary of things that I am not good at. I need time to get better at Spanish anyway. We'd get hooked up online and you'd say something in spanish and I'd just sit there with a dumb look on my face thinking, "huh?". LOL I think if I buckle down and burn some midnight oil I will be ready to carry on a basic converstion by the time the busy part of your teaching has past. Writing to me in spanish for now would be great. That way I won't be pressured to give an immediate response and I can look up the words that I don't understand.

María José
September 09, 2008, 09:59 AM
My spoken spanish is not very good at all. I have to think about it too much. I can get out what I want to say eventually, but it's halted and I believe that would be annoying. I, like you, am a little wary of things that I am not good at. I need time to get better at Spanish anyway. We'd get hooked up online and you'd say something in spanish and I'd just sit there with a dumb look on my face thinking, "huh?". LOL I think if I buckle down and burn some midnight oil I will be ready to carry on a basic converstion by the time the busy part of your teaching has past. Writing to me in spanish for now would be great. That way I won't be pressured to give an immediate response and I can look up the words that I don't understand.
Me parece fenomenal. Y si notas algo raro dímelo,porque uso tan poco mi español que se está oxidando... pero no del todo. Y esto me ayuda a mí también a esforzarme en no cometer errores.

CrOtALiTo
September 09, 2008, 11:21 AM
Maria Jose, I like, you I don´t use much too my Spanish, because all the days I´m writing in English my Spanish now is very bad.

I´m wish in Speak with you Mary, I wish it so much.

María José
September 09, 2008, 12:37 PM
Maria Jose, I like, you I don´t use much too my Spanish, because all the days I´m writing in English my Spanish now is very bad.

I´m wish in Speak with you Mary, I wish it so much.
Thanks for the compliment. Use as much English as you want, I don't mind. You know it's one of the loves of my life, together with anything Anglo-Saxon in any form or shape.:)
I also enjoy talking to you, but the day is not long enough to do all the things I would like to fit in 24 hours.

supa-coopa
September 09, 2008, 01:15 PM
.... but the day is not long enough to do all the things I would like to fit in 24 hours.

Just wanted to let you know that I have extended days to last for 36 hours. I hope that helps.

CrOtALiTo
September 09, 2008, 02:04 PM
Supa then Do you don't sleepy and any moment?

CrOtALiTo
September 09, 2008, 02:06 PM
Yes, Mary I'd be fit all the day for do enough things in my said life.

Jane
September 09, 2008, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I have extended days to last for 36 hours. I hope that helps.
Great to believe that there exist someone who can actually do that... but then with 36 hours things to do will certainly multiply as well.:)
Thanks for the kind thought.:D (speaking for María José...:D)

María José
September 10, 2008, 01:15 AM
Great to believe that there exist someone who can actually do that... but then with 36 hours things to do will certainly multiply as well.:)
Thanks for the kind thought.:D (speaking for María José...:D)
Thanks for the tip. 36 hours will do nicely.:D
Jane, what kind thought? I'm sorry but I'm suffering from stress-related amnesia.:worried: Are you referring to my liking everything Anglo-Saxon, and thus (posh alert! I don't often use this word in a context like this) YOU?;)

Jane
September 10, 2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the tip. 36 hours will do nicely.:D
Jane, what kind thought? I'm sorry but I'm suffering from stress-related amnesia.:worried: Are you referring to my liking everything Anglo-Saxon, and thus (posh alert! I don't often use this word in a context like this) YOU?;)
I was saying thanks to Krista for thinking to extend the hours in a day..., and if you like me only because I come in an `Anglo-Saxon´ packaging... :sad:. I was thinking there were other reasons...:D :kiss:

María José
September 11, 2008, 05:41 AM
I was saying thanks to Krista for thinking to extend the hours in a day..., and if you like me only because I come in an `Anglo-Saxon´ packaging... :sad:. I was thinking there were other reasons...:D :kiss:
:wicked:There are a couple other reasons...:D Let me think...:thinking:... Maybe I'll tell you later.It's difficult to come up with an answer just like that.;)
:thinking::thinking:.....I know, I like you because you're a great friend.:football::football::football::football:

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org