View Full Version : Hello! Hola! Kamusta

Mariel
September 20, 2008, 09:00 AM
Hello everyone! I've been one of the avid visitor of the very useful site Tomisimo! Yay! And I just have the time to join the forum :D so I can improve my Spanish. Im Mariel, from the Philippines by the way ^_^ My Spanish is very basic, and I learn them through music... Latin music that is. And I can understand Spanish sentences... well the idea of it but not the real meaning (hope you got it :erm:). And before, I can't stand hearing Spanish (songs and tv shows) because Spanish-speakers are fast talkers. But now, thanks to Latin music (and with the help Tomisimo) I don't have any trauma on hearing and learning Spanish ^_^

Im sure I'll have a fun learning here

Rusty
September 20, 2008, 09:20 AM
Welcome Mariel! Kamusta ka?
You're sure to have fun here!

Mariel
September 20, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm fine!

Yup! Im having fun using the site dictionary... and I want to meet and learn with people here in the forum ^_^

CrOtALiTo
September 20, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi, Maria, My name is Jorge, I'm from Mexico, and I like, you, I'm learning English, to me I happen the same situation because, when I watch shows in life for televisions, the people native speakers English speak faster and I can't understand them, then sometime I traumatize because I can't understand them, but when I write in English, I feel very wonderful, because I can to do it as well, you are from Philippines, I don't meet that place, but I suppose that is very pretty your country, and above all there must there are sea or beach right, well I have told you a bit above me, and I hope you learn so much here with us, if you need help in Spanish, I'll glad in help you.

Mariel
September 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
Hello Jorge! It's Mariel actually, not Maria (though one of my baptismal name is Maria ^_^) I'm glad to help you out in English and thanks for offering your help.

Gosh you're from Mexico! Viva! Hahaha, My number one idol was Mexican ^_^ Philippines is in Asia, my country is pretty just like any country.. its very tropical, its has nice beaches especially in the southern part of the country... Philippines is mostly island!

Im looking forward to have another Spanish-speaking friends!

Tomisimo
September 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
Welcome Mariel. :) Once you get accustomed to hearing Spanish, you won't think they speak so fast anymore.

CrOtALiTo
September 20, 2008, 08:37 PM
Ok, Mariel, I have seen your invitation in my profile, and look, I've accepted you, and I'm glad in having you in my list of my best friends, and my country like as the your country is beautiful, and here also we have a lot beaches, but the mostly of my island is enclosed for only water of the sea.

ElDanés
September 21, 2008, 01:23 AM
¡Bienvenido, Mariel! :)

because Spanish-speakers are fast talkers.
I fully agree. I'm learning Spanish myself, and it's really hard for me to distinguish between the different words, when I hear a speaker of Spanish.

Mariel
September 21, 2008, 02:23 AM
Welcome Mariel. :) Once you get accustomed to hearing Spanish, you won't think they speak so fast anymore.

I can now watch Spanish shows, although I still find them talk fast ^_^ but I can distinguised most of the words although I'm having hard time knowing whats the word... Anyway, listening to Spanish music really help me to improve ^_^

Ok, Mariel, I have seen your invitation in my profile, and look, I've accepted you, and I'm glad in having you in my list of my best friends, and my country like as the your country is beautiful, and here also we have a lot beaches, but the mostly of my island is enclosed for only water of the sea.

Thank you very much Jorge! I know your country is great! Love your beaches (Cancun and Acapulco is my favorite place I want to go someday ^_^), and your food... yum yum

¡Bienvenido, Mariel! :)
I fully agree. I'm learning Spanish myself, and it's really hard for me to distinguish between the different words, when I hear a speaker of Spanish.

Hola ElDanes! Same here, I still have hard time distinguish the different words... like 'a Dios' to 'adios' for example :)

sosia
September 21, 2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome Mariel :D

Jane
September 22, 2008, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard, Mariel!:D

barrenfield
September 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome from me too, Mariel. I have hispanic amigos who tell me that when I talk they think I am talking fast. I told them that is what I thought of Spanish speakers. They said "Mismo, mismo, mismo. It is the same. It is the same!" Sandy

Jessica
October 05, 2008, 02:34 PM
Nice to meet you :)

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org