View Full Version : Help on Spanish

Jessica
September 22, 2008, 02:35 PM
Give some tips and hints on Spanish so I can speak better. For ex, you can write down how to answer questions (that are in Spanish) in Spanish in complete sentences. You can also give some notes that will help me become a better Spanish speaker (though I don't speak a lot, and that is a big blow) or write.

CrOtALiTo
September 22, 2008, 05:41 PM
Well, I think that the best way of that you can learn Spanish fast is talking with another people speakers native in Spanish, well if you want to practice with me, I can give you my msn and so we both will can practice the language.

Rusty
September 22, 2008, 06:04 PM
The number one tip, I would think, would be to find someone who speaks Spanish and practice speaking with him/her. Work very hard on learning vocabulary. Ask questions like:
¿Qué es esto/eso? (What is this/that?)
¿Cómo se dice ...? (How do you say ...?)
Dijo ..., ¿no? (You said ..., right?)

Write down what you're learning so that you can look it up later in a dictionary (for proper spelling and other possible meanings).

Learn how to express your feelings and describe the world around you this way.

Verbs should be learned at the same time. Here's what I suggest:
Point at your shirt and ask, "¿Qué es esto?"
Listen intently to the answer (it should contain the word camisa). Your friend may include the article (la or una). This is a great help. Tell him/her that you appreciate that!
If you don't hear an article (el or la, un or una), you need to learn what it is.
This can be done by repeating the new word, preceded with your best guess as to what the article is: "Dijo una camisa, ¿no?" Una is the indefinite feminine article. This is the best guess when a word ends in the letter 'a'. If the word ends in something else, use un. These are guesses, remember, so make sure you listen for the answer.
When the answer is yes, write the noun AND its article down for later.
Then ask "¿Cómo se dice I'm wearing una camisa?" This question shows that you've listened well and are eager to use the new word right away. You can substitute whatever verb seems most appropriate, something you will actually use within a short time.
The answer will be more complex, but you're just listening for the new stuff.
Repeat the sentence you hear until your friend says you've said it right.
Write it down for later.

Do this several times a week and it won't be long before you have an impressionable list of things to say that actually mean something to you. Don't be happy with the 'textbook' stuff. Who speaks that way everyday?

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org