View Full Version : Hola

1-oddball
October 18, 2008, 07:04 PM
:confused: I'm trying to learn spanish, and I can't find anything on the words that end in monos, such as vamonos, resolvámonos etc. can anyone help me?
I'm from missouri, usa. I'm 61 years old, and it's not easy for someone my age to learn another language, but I'm trying.:D Thanks for any help!

Rusty
October 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forums!!

The verbs that end in nos are reflexive. The infinitive ends in se. Irse is the first verb you listed. The infinitive means to leave. The imperative mood, first person plural form of irse is vámonos.

I'm sure you recognize vamos. This is the present tense, third person plural of ir, and it means we go (we are going). In the imperative mood, the same person is actually rendered vayamos, but many Mexicans shorten this to vamos.
The infinitive you listed was irse. Here is that verb fully conjugated in the imperative mood:

vete (leave (second person familiar))
váyase (leave (third person formal)
vayámonos (let's leave (first person, plural)
ios (leave (second person familar, plural))
váyanse (leave (third person formal, plural))

The reflexive pronoun (in purple) for each person is suffixed to the imperative forms. The nosotros (first person plural) and vosotros (second person plural) forms drop their final letter before adding the pronoun.

If this isn't clear, ask more questions!

sosia
October 20, 2008, 06:58 AM
Bienvenido 1-odball :D

Tomisimo
October 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Bienvenido a Tomisimo!

Elaina
October 22, 2008, 02:40 PM
Bienvenido Oddball......

So why oddball? Are you into playing pool?

:thinking::thinking:

Jessica
October 22, 2008, 03:03 PM
welcome to the forums :) :) :)

CrOtALiTo
October 22, 2008, 03:35 PM
I bid you welcome, always have I said the age don't care, it the important is the enthusiasm that you have.

Jessica
October 24, 2008, 06:30 PM
Of course, CrOtALiTo :) the age is not important ;) Correction here. What is important is your enthusiasm :)

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org