View Full Version : Do you believe in evolution?

Jessica
October 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
I believe in evolution. I read this book that said that evolution wasn't real, and I stopped reading it because I disagreed with it.

Planet hopper
October 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
In Europe we believe in evolution, most of us, even in Catholic countries, though the vatican may not agree. I've seen the disbelief in Charles Darwin and his ideas coming mostly from the midwest in the US, from very traditional people.

Jessica
October 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
can you parcipitate in the poll? thanks

CrOtALiTo
October 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
Jchen I believe in the evolution, but I believe in my own evolution. I have evolutioned in my life, now if you answer above the evolution of the human well, only I can to tell you that you must believe in something.

ElDanés
October 19, 2008, 10:57 PM
I agree with Planet hopper, most Europeans believe in the evolution. In fact, I don't think I have ever met anyone who didn't believe in evolution, not even the priests in my city. Both the schools and churches (if you're going to church-preparation for confirmation) teach you about Christianity, but both of them are also teaching you about the evolution. Even if you did believe in Christianity before you got religious subjects in school and went to church-preparation, you would soon not believe. The schools and churches are talking against themselves so much, that you in the end actually would realize that most of bible is a lie, and anything else Christians believe in.

Planet hopper
October 20, 2008, 02:14 AM
No debate about religion, I put that topic next to politics, since I am half-Canadian. All the respects for any p.o.v on that. I'm spiritual, but not religious at all.

However, I find it culturally relevant that this disbelief is tied to traditional communities in the midwest of the US.

sosia
October 21, 2008, 01:00 AM
First, I'm european, spanish, and catholic.
I think Evolution can explain things but there are things that evolution has not yet answered. There I try to find the answers in God. If science explains it latter, ok. Examples (origin of Big bang, more fossil intermediate form, transition to biped, etc.)

I do not use the Bible for an explicit interpretation. I would not believe that Mathusalem lived thousand "normal" years because it's written so. But religion give me answers were science has not reached.
So I have voted "God created evolution" :D

saludos :D

poli
October 21, 2008, 06:08 AM
People who don't believe in evolution should probably refuse the flu shot, because a new batch has to be prepared each year because the microscopic virus evolves so quickly. Getting innoculated is an admission that life evolves.

I think similar arguments were active 500+ years ago when people argued that the world was flat. Sometimes I think there are people that, in their hearts, still believe this. Scientists were considered heretics back them for their ideas, and they still are seen that way among religious fundimentalists throughout the world not just in the Midwest but in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Elaina
October 25, 2008, 06:42 AM
first, i'm european, spanish, and catholic.
I think evolution can explain things but there are things that evolution has not yet answered. There i try to find the answers in god. If science explains it latter, ok. Examples (origin of big bang, more fossil intermediate form, transition to biped, etc.)

i do not use the bible for an explicit interpretation. I would not believe that mathusalem lived thousand "normal" years because it's written so. But religion give me answers were science has not reached.
So i have voted "god created evolution" :d

saludos :d

amen!

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org