View Full Version : Electronic Dictionaries/Translators

David
December 01, 2008, 06:47 PM
What are some of the best hand-held electronic dictionaries out there? I'm tired of having to be distracted from reading a novel in spanish by having to look up a word in the dictionary. I usually get distracted for a few minutes. I can get by reading the whole chapter, but I rarely go back to look up words I didn't know. I think it would be easier just to quickly type them in, find out the definition, and continue reading.

So I am looking to buy one that would be easy to travel with, offers a large vocabulary, and is possibly able to be used with several languages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

CrOtALiTo
December 01, 2008, 07:12 PM
Ok, Firstly I want to give you welcome, and it refer to the dictionary, in the website there are a lot online dictionaries, I don't know that kind of dictionary there are in the U.S.A, because I'm living on Mexico, and really I don't use hand dictionary, because I feel that it is not fast, I give you a counsel, you must to find some kind of dictionary online, and you must print the words that you need in the moment.

Satyr
December 03, 2008, 05:46 AM
Welcome David. I don't have any personal experience with electronic translators. If you are at home, you could just use your computer and search the tomisimo dictionary.

This $40 dictionary on Amazon has very good reviews
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002OP84M/?tag=219-20

Jessica
December 08, 2008, 06:03 AM
I think it's best to use an online dictionary (like here!) I have an electronic dictionary, but it doesn't work.

CrOtALiTo
December 08, 2008, 10:58 PM
Google there is a dictionary online and sometimes is very useful.

Jessica
December 09, 2008, 05:37 AM
Correction:
Google is an online dictionary and sometimes is very useful.
all you need to do, Crotalito, is switch online and dictionary :) otherwise, good job :)

CrOtALiTo
December 09, 2008, 09:29 AM
Ok, I only need to set the sentence otherwise then it's ok, because I putted in my previous post dictionary online, and the way accurate of set the phrase is online dictionary, well I made it up, but I fixed that.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org