View Full Version : No me aplique (Spanish to English translation)

littlesue
January 09, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hi :)

Is there anyone that could please translate this message i had in Spanish to English.

no me aplique por favor,feliz año gracias,estoy muy interesada

Thank you very much for your help :)

Tomisimo
January 09, 2009, 05:24 PM
No me apliqué por favor, feliz año gracias, estoy muy interesada
I didn't apply (for the job?), please, happy New Year, thanks, I am very interested.
This is assuming the writer used aplicar to mean to apply instead of the more correct solicitar.

Planet hopper
January 09, 2009, 05:56 PM
I think there is a wrong usage of negation here, at least it sounds contradictory.

I would understand that this person is avoiding double negation when he or she does not have to.

:twocents:No me incluya en la lista, por favor, feliz año, estoy interesada pero ahora no me viene bien

CrOtALiTo
January 09, 2009, 10:23 PM
I think that is the oration could sound better of the follow way.

No me repruebe, por favor, feliz año nuevo, y estoy interenzada (interezada en que?)

Don't reprove me, please happy new year, and I'm interested it.

That was my attempt.

Tomisimo
January 10, 2009, 01:22 PM
I think that is the oration could sound better of the follow way.

No me repruebe, por favor, feliz año nuevo, y estoy interenzada (interezada en que?)

Don't reprove me, please happy new year, and I'm interested it.

That was my attempt.

oration = discurso
sentence = oración/frase

littlesue
January 10, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi :)

Thank you all for your feedback, and getting back to me so prompt, yes it does sound contradictory!

I sell online, and basically this was a message i had off a customer when she bought off me, so i guess, she does not want the purchase.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Sue.

CrOtALiTo
January 10, 2009, 05:54 PM
You waited a feedback of your questions, and you gotten a good feedback in this forums.

You're welcome.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org