View Full Version : Para todo mal, mezcal; Para todo bien, también

Tomisimo
January 21, 2009, 09:53 AM
I just heard this saying: "Para todo mal, mezcal; Para todo bien, también". I was just curious if anyone else has heard this and if anyone knows how common of a saying this is. :)

poli
January 21, 2009, 10:08 AM
I just heard this saying: "Para todo mal, mezcal; Para todo bien, también". I was just curious if anyone else has heard this and if anyone knows how common of a saying this is. :)

It looks like it means the booze is on the house. Drinks for everyone--fortunate or unfortunate sick or well

Planet hopper
January 21, 2009, 10:18 AM
I am an ignorant on this, but I thought Mescal (mescalina) was a drug similar to anphetamines.

Rusty
January 21, 2009, 10:29 AM
There are several web sites with information about the alcoholic drink. Look here (http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/oaxaca/mezcaloax.html) or here (http://www.itequila.org/mezcal.htm).

CrOtALiTo
January 21, 2009, 11:08 AM
You drink the mezcal and you will see as you will became in alcoholic, you will be a addict to the mezcal native from Mexico.

poli
January 21, 2009, 11:44 AM
¿Sin o con el gusano?

hypnotik1
January 21, 2009, 12:10 PM

Never heard the saying before, but I like it!!!
For everything bad that may happen, there's Mezcal,
And for every thing good, the same.

CrOtALiTo
January 21, 2009, 09:11 PM
The mezcal is a drinks very typical from my country, if you want a bit taste of mezcal then, you must to go to a supermarket at Mexico, because here at my country there are supermarkets where sell the mezcal to cheaply, then if you want a good drink then you must to prove the Tequila or Whisky too.

AngelicaDeAlquezar
February 09, 2009, 05:01 PM

It's a common saying, but mostly used by older people (as most traditional sayings) and certainly not that much in Mexico City... I've heard it rather used in surrounding states. :)

CrOtALiTo
February 09, 2009, 05:38 PM
As you have said in your previous post, I either have heard that said before, but David said, he has heard that said in Mexico.

Tomisimo
February 09, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the input everyone!

CrOtALiTo
February 09, 2009, 10:17 PM
You're welcome.

chileno
February 09, 2009, 11:17 PM
In any event...Salúd! ;-)

downloadmystuff
July 24, 2009, 07:25 PM
I just got back from Oaxaca City, Oaxaca State. That is the region mezcal is from and this saying is common there.

CrOtALiTo
July 24, 2009, 09:08 PM
I just got back from Oaxaca City, Oaxaca State. That is the region mezcal is from and this saying is common there.

I don't believe it, because the tequila is normally originating from Jalisco, where the tequila is.

Therefore I believe, perhaps you heart it of a person who doesn't originating from there, but it doesn't say that the saying it of there.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org