View Full Version : Spammers

AngelicaDeAlquezar
April 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
We have been attacked by spammers lately. The latest one, right now online, is that FlowersFFX. I know that as common members of the forum we cannot do anything but ignore them, at least until David and Rusty are back online.

Still, my question for moderators: is there anything that can be done to filter them out via the forum software?
I've seen some forums where you cannot post messages without several minutes between them. Maybe there is also a way to impede their publishing that kind of sensless character chains...

:?:

Jessica
April 26, 2009, 04:14 PM
Yes, we're being attacked! I reported one of the threads, but they are all exactly the same. Hopefully Rusty or David will come back and delete them and ban FlowerFFX!

CrOtALiTo
April 26, 2009, 07:34 PM
Angelica. Exist software for the you said before, but it only David as owner of the website can to does it, then we must wait until they are back in the forums.

Jessica
April 26, 2009, 07:41 PM
I hope they come tomorrow and delete all those posts

sosia
April 29, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hola Angelica
Es muy dificil elimianr el spam automáticamente. En cuanto los spammers detectan la neuva prohibición, la burlan ("hecha la ley, hecha la trampa"). Algunos spammers son hasta personas a las que se les paga por exitos.
La mejor manera de evitar spammers son ignorarlos (no pulsar en sus enlaces) hasta que David o Rusty los eliminen.
Saludos :D

AngelicaDeAlquezar
April 29, 2009, 01:02 PM
Claro, Sosia, sé que hay miles de trucos para burlar normas anti-spam... sin embargo, como conozco algunos foros donde se les ha repelido muy eficientemente, se me ocurrió que quizás el software del foro pudiera configurarse para eliminarlos. :)

Pero sin duda, ignorarlos es lo primero que hay que hacer. :D

CrOtALiTo
April 29, 2009, 01:11 PM
Claro, Sosia, sé que hay miles de trucos para burlar normas anti-spam... sin embargo, como conozco algunos foros donde se les ha repelido muy eficientemente, se me ocurrió que quizás el software del foro pudiera configurarse para eliminarlos. :)

Pero sin duda, ignorarlos es lo primero que hay que hacer. :D

I know your worry about it, but I believe that exist more programs of the you are speaking, but I don't know if David has a good software proxy and anti-spam installed in the host of the server, or perhaps he does not installed some filter and configured in the control panel of the server.:worried:

Rusty
April 29, 2009, 04:34 PM
Just so you're aware, David has anti-spam software installed. Most spammers never make it past that line of defense (and hundreds try everyday).
Ignore them, as sosia advised.

CrOtALiTo
April 29, 2009, 06:06 PM
Just so you're aware, David has anti-spam software installed. Most spammers never make it past that line of defense (and hundreds try everyday).
Ignore them, as sosia advised.

I'm aware with the situation about, but I think that the software does not sufficient for the stop them, then I suggest investigate other choses for the website already daily they enter to the website the posting things that shouldn't be in the website.

bobjenkins
May 08, 2009, 10:30 PM
Luckily I hven't seen many spammers here, its still crazy that people would want to spam el foros, whats the point!?

CrOtALiTo
May 08, 2009, 11:23 PM
Luckily I hven't seen many spammers here, its still crazy that people would want to spam el foros, whats the point!?

Yes, they are becoming you crazy, and I hope you don't get anything bad about the spam.

You remember the health is first.:D

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org