View Full Version : Accents...

Jessica
September 02, 2009, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if it could be possible for the accents, instead of a drop down, to be listed like the smilies. I don't know, maybe it could be an option. I'm kinda tired of click on Accents drop down menu all the time, I thought it would be easier if they were listed like the smilies.

This is just a thought, so it might not happen

ookami
September 02, 2009, 04:36 PM
Can't you put in the language menu from windows -International Spanish-? then with one click on the task bar you change the keyboard language.. I do it a lot with Japanese.

Rusty
September 02, 2009, 04:40 PM
In the idiom dictionary, the special characters are strung out in a single row, under the input box. This seems like a good option, too.

Jessica
September 02, 2009, 04:43 PM
Can't you put in the language menu from windows -International Spanish-? then with one click on the task bar you change the keyboard language.. I do it a lot with Japanese.

I don't know, I've only done it with Chinese in Microsoft word. But I rather not use it :rolleyes:

ookami
September 02, 2009, 08:37 PM
jchen try this (http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php) and tell me if you can make it work. It's really easy and it'll be possible for you to write in any software with Spanish accents. By just making a click.

bobjenkins
September 02, 2009, 10:15 PM
jchen try this (http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php) and tell me if you can make it work. It's really easy and it'll be possible for you to write in any software with Spanish accents. By just making a click.

Sí creo que es la mejor opción:)

Jessica
September 03, 2009, 10:57 AM

thanks but I was thinking of getting the accents without changing the language thing. :p

pjt33
September 04, 2009, 05:43 AM
I wonder... Does Windows' On Screen Keyboard allow you to use a different keyboard layout to the one you're using for your physical keyboard?

ookami
September 04, 2009, 10:11 AM
If I understanded well the question: yes. I usually use International Spanish and when I want to write in Japanese(different alfabeth), I just change the language on the task bar and I'm enable to write in Japanese characters.

AngelicaDeAlquezar
September 04, 2009, 11:41 AM
As far as I know, all Windows systems have a Character Map that can be used to insert special characters in most languages and in almost every program (and which also provides ASCII codes for many of them)...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315684/en-us

To start Character Map and see all of the available characters for a particular font, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Character Map.

If Character Map is not installed, you must install Character Map:
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Programs.
Click the Windows Setup tab.
Click System Tools (click the words, not the check box), and then click Details.
Click to select the Character Map check box, click OK, and then click OK.

pjt33
September 04, 2009, 12:00 PM
ookami, different question. Sofía doesn't want to change her physical keyboard layout, but I was wondering whether the OSK can use a different layout without changing the physical keyboard layout.

Angelica, yes, but OSK requires a lot fewer clicks than charmap.

Vikingo
September 04, 2009, 01:11 PM
Here (http://www.leithe.no/spanish.exe)'s my alternative - you'll have your accents in 8 seconds after clicking the link, as long as you're using windows. The startup-screen shows the simple instructions.

Jessica
September 04, 2009, 02:57 PM
I still want this option to be added but thank you Vikingo.

CrOtALiTo
September 06, 2009, 02:30 PM
I was wondering if it could be possible for the accents, instead of a drop down, to be listed like the smilies. I don't know, maybe it could be an option. I'm kinda tired of click on Accents drop down menu all the time, I thought it would be easier if they were listed like the smilies.

This is just a thought, so it might not happen

Yes, I opine the same, already that, as I use the keyboard in English sometimes, I need to use the accent set in the features of the website, but it's something hard to be catching the correct accent to be used into of the Spanish, then I was thinking if you could to be able to set them like the smiles, then it'll turn to be easier than now.

I'm back again.

Jessica
September 06, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yes, I opine the same, already that, as I use the keyboard in English sometimes, I need to use the accent set in the features of the website, but it's something hard to be catching the correct accent to be used into of the Spanish, then I was thinking if you could to be able to set them like the smiles, then it'll turn to be easier than now.

I'm back again.

welcome back! ;)

CrOtALiTo
September 06, 2009, 02:53 PM
Thank you.

Jessica
September 06, 2009, 02:57 PM
you're welcome :)

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org