View Full Version : Names at bottom of "Forums" screen

laepelba
December 24, 2009, 07:14 PM
When the names are listed at the bottom of the "Forums" screen (i.e. users currently online), there is sometimes a plus sign next to a name, and sometimes a name is in bold font. Others are just plain font, without a plus sign. :thinking:

Like this: laepelba, bobjenkins+, Rusty

Apparently I'm super bored right now because I am really wondering what those notations mean. David? Rusty? Anyone else who's smarter than I...? :)

CrOtALiTo
December 24, 2009, 07:19 PM
No it mean that the person has added you as Friend in his list private here in Tomisimo.

Then When you have added someone to your Friend list, the person when is online, it turn to appear with a sign side of the nick name.

laepelba
December 24, 2009, 07:22 PM
No it mean that the person has added you as Friend in his list private here in Tomisimo.

Then When you have added someone to your Friend list, the person when is online, it turn to appear with a sign side of the nick name.

I'm not quite sure I understand you, Crotalito. Which one (the plus sign or the bold font) means that the person has added me as a friend?

I don't understand your second statement at all. Sorry. :(

Rusty
December 24, 2009, 08:58 PM
name+ : member is added as one of your friends
bold name : member is a forum moderator
plain name : member is someone you haven't befriended yet, or yourself

Jessica
December 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
the + sign besides your name means the person is on your friends list, or you sent a friend request....bolded names are mods

bobjenkins
December 24, 2009, 10:14 PM
name+ : member is added as one of your friends
bold name : member is a forum moderator
plain name : member is someone you haven't befriended yet, or yourself
Muchas gracias, no había estado seguro sobre eso:good:

laepelba
December 25, 2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks Rusty & Jessica ... that's helpful!

CrOtALiTo
December 25, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand you, Crotalito. Which one (the plus sign or the bold font) means that the person has added me as a friend?

I don't understand your second statement at all. Sorry. :(

I'm sorry laepelba for the low answer or question in this case, because I could seen that your doubt already was answer.

But anyway I'd like to know.

What didn't you understanding about my explanation?

If really the that Rusty said and also Jessica, it was at most the same that I said before..

I telling you this because, I try get better my English correcting myself.

Have day.

laepelba
December 26, 2009, 05:16 AM
No it mean that the person has added you as Friend in his list private here in Tomisimo. I wasn't sure what you meant by "it" in this first sentence. I asked about the plus signs AND I asked about the bold font. You didn't specify which one you were talking about.

Then When you have added someone to your Friend list, the person when is online, it turn to appear with a sign side of the nick name.This seems to say the same thing that your first sentence said. But I'm not sure (again) which you're talking about, the plus sign or the bold font. I will correct the syntax/grammar of this second sentence below.

Your sentence: Then When you have added someone to your Friend list, the person when is online, it turn to appear with a sign side of the nick name.

What I think you meant: Then when you have added someone to your friend list, when the person is online, it appears with a sign beside the nickname.

I hope this is helpful. I understand (I think) that you were saying that one of these things (the plus sign or the bold font) happens with people from my friends list, but beyond that, I wasn't sure what you meant.

Jessica
December 27, 2009, 08:56 PM
there's now a legend ;)

CrOtALiTo
December 28, 2009, 10:56 AM
I hope this is helpful. I understand (I think) that you were saying that one of these things (the plus sign or the bold font) happens with people from my friends list, but beyond that, I wasn't sure what you meant.

Yes exactly I wanted to say it.

Thank you for the support.

laepelba
December 29, 2009, 05:40 AM
Hey, wait a minute! Was that "legend" there all along (you know, the ones with the explanations for the +'s and the bold, etc.)??? Was I just being a flake and didn't see it? Or was that just added? (SO sorry if it has been there and I missed it..........)

Rusty
December 29, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hey, wait a minute! Was that "legend" there all along (you know, the ones with the explanations for the +'s and the bold, etc.)??? Was I just being a flake and didn't see it? Or was that just added? (SO sorry if it has been there and I missed it..........)It was added yesterday.

laepelba
December 29, 2009, 04:56 PM
It was added yesterday.

Whew! SOOOoooo glad. :D I have a tendency to make an idiot of myself often times. And it's just like you folks to be gracious enough NOT to say "DUH, Lou Ann......." :dancingman:

Rusty
December 29, 2009, 05:10 PM
It was most likely your fault that the legend was added. Thanks! :D

laepelba
December 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
It was most likely your fault that the legend was added. Thanks! :D

Yeah, um, that was my next thought. :)

Jessica
December 29, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hey, wait a minute! Was that "legend" there all along (you know, the ones with the explanations for the +'s and the bold, etc.)??? Was I just being a flake and didn't see it? Or was that just added? (SO sorry if it has been there and I missed it..........)

if it was there all along I would've seen it :D

CrOtALiTo
December 29, 2009, 07:41 PM
I was missing during all the day of today.

I could see that someone said that there's something more in the website.

May someone says me the that happened today here? please.

laepelba
December 29, 2009, 07:48 PM
I was missing during all the day of today. This might sound better if you said "I was offline all day today", or "I was away from Tomisimo all day today."

I can see that someone said that there's something new on the website.

Will someone tell me what happened here today? Please.

If you look at the bottom of the forums screen (where I was asking about the bold and the plus sign, etc. there is a new "legend" beneath the list of active members in the past 24 hours. It gives a key for the significance of the plus sign and bold print, etc. Take a look. Kind of nice! :)

CrOtALiTo
December 31, 2009, 12:08 AM
If you look at the bottom of the forums screen (where I was asking about the bold and the plus sign, etc. there is a new "legend" beneath the list of active members in the past 24 hours. It gives a key for the significance of the plus sign and bold print, etc. Take a look. Kind of nice! :)

Yes. I have seen the new feature in the forums, it shows the last entered in the forums, I mean the it shows the last users connected in the last hours.

And thank you for your support.

Jessica
January 02, 2010, 12:49 PM

but me being the computer nerd, I knew what they meant anyways. still helpful though

CrOtALiTo
January 02, 2010, 09:13 PM
but me being the computer nerd, I knew what they meant anyways. still helpful though

But I believe that choice always was present in the forums, at least it's the that I remember since I'm a active member of the forum.

Rusty
January 03, 2010, 07:42 AM
@Crotalito, we are talking about the one line that starts with the word 'Legend:'. That is new.
The list of members who have visited in the last 24 hours is not new, of course.

CrOtALiTo
January 03, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes but. Who are the starts in the forums?

Rusty
January 03, 2010, 02:44 PM
I don't understand your question.

irmamar
January 04, 2010, 02:43 PM
Creo que habla de los usuarios activos, pero no lo sé seguro. :thinking: :)

CrOtALiTo
January 06, 2010, 09:28 AM
I don't understand your question.

Yes, my question was.

What does start mean in the configuration of the forums?

I mean, I have seen the feature in the forum in the part down of the website, but only I can see that there appear only the administrator user and also the moderator user too.

Then I don't know really what it means?

Rusty
January 06, 2010, 02:54 PM
I do not see the word 'start' anywhere. What is the URL of the screen you're looking at? Where on that screen is the word 'start' appearing? Be specific.

AngelicaDeAlquezar
January 06, 2010, 03:46 PM
@Crotalito: Creo que deberías hacer la pregunta en español, para que se pueda entender lo que quieres saber.

CrOtALiTo
January 06, 2010, 09:33 PM
What it's egend: Friends+, Administrators, Banned Users, Moderators

Rusty
January 06, 2010, 10:59 PM
@crotalito: You posted the Legend (leyenda). This is the line that was recently added (and the one we were talking about).
The legend serves to remind us that some members are our Friends+ (there's a plus sign behind their member name). Tomísimo is written in italics because he is the Administrator. AngelicaDeAlquezar appears in bold because she is a Moderator.
A member that has been banned looks like this: I'mBanned

CrOtALiTo
January 07, 2010, 11:22 AM
@crotalito: You posted the Legend (leyenda). This is the line that was recently added (and the one we were talking about).
The legend serves to remind us that some members are our Friends+ (there's a plus sign behind their member name). Tomísimo is written in italics because he is the Administrator. AngelicaDeAlquezar appears in bold because she is a Moderator.
A member that has been banned looks like this: I'mBanned

Oh ok.

Thank you for the explanation.

I liked the option where is banned the user:D

Regards.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org