View Full Version : Movie time!

JosephThomas
December 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
I recently watched,
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers

With Spanish subtitles

I thought it was an educational process.

However I have a few questions too;
- does Barbol literally translate to Tree beard?
- is this movie in Hispanic Spanish? or another?

What movies do you watch in Spanish?

ookami
December 16, 2010, 10:22 AM
- does Barbol literally translate to Tree beard?
Barbol is a name, it means nothing, but I don't like Lord of the Rings so I don't truly know.
- is this movie in Hispanic Spanish? or another?
It depends, you can find it with Lationoamerica subs or Spain subs, or even with Mexican subs.

What movies do you watch in Spanish?
Hmmm... movies with Spanish as original language..., hmm, this week I saw two of them:
Nicotina (you are going to find Mexican Spanish and a little bit of Argentinian Spanish)
Amores Perros (Mexican Spanish)
Both are good movies.

In red

CrOtALiTo
December 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
I have seen the Infierno movie, because that movie has a lot of idioms in the letter movie.

I recommending you that movie.

sosia
December 17, 2010, 09:03 AM
Barbol is the spanish name of a character (an ent)
The word Barbol has not any other spanish meaning.
Saludos :D

CrOtALiTo
December 18, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hello Sosia.

How are you?

I have a question about your barbol movie, the question is who acted in that movie, it's sound as Mexican movie, but I'm not very sure, I can reach a little remind that.

I wait your advice.

sosia
December 18, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Crotalito
"Barbol" is the spanish name of "Treebeard", an ent, a tree-folk in the book/movie "Lord of the rings"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treebeard

Hola Crotalito
"Barbol" es el nombre en español de un ent, raza de árboles que aparece en el libro /película "El Señor de los anillos". Su nombre en inglés es "Treebeard"
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A1rbol

CrOtALiTo
December 19, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Crotalito
"Barbol" is the spanish name of "Treebeard", an ent, a tree-folk in the book/movie "Lord of the rings"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treebeard

Hola Crotalito
"Barbol" es el nombre en español de un ent, raza de árboles que aparece en el libro /película "El Señor de los anillos". Su nombre en inglés es "Treebeard"
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A1rbol

Already I caught it.

Thank you for your advice.:D

sosia
December 20, 2010, 01:13 AM
About the name "barbol"
Barbol has no meaning in spanish.
Seeing now that the original english name was "treebeard"-->"tree beard"-->"arbol barba"-->"BARba de árBOL"-->"barbol"
Is only a play of words. But nobody will understand it not knowing the original english.

CrOtALiTo
December 20, 2010, 05:11 PM
About the name "barbol"
Seeing now that the original english name was "treebeard"-->"tree beard"-->"arbol barba"-->"BARba de árBOL"-->"barbol"
Is only a play of words. But nobody will understand it not knowing the original english.

Yes I got it.

Thank you for the time spent.

irmamar
December 22, 2010, 12:27 PM
About the name "barbol"

¡Qué clarividencia! :applause:

(Play on words? :thinking: -by the way ;) )

CrOtALiTo
December 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
¡Qué clarividencia! :applause:

(Play on words? :thinking: -by the way ;) )

Play the words in the barbol movie.

MMnNn I don't grasp to understand your commentary.

Peter
January 04, 2011, 12:26 PM
I can also really recommend movies starring Pedro Infante. These films tend not to have a difficult plot, so are easy to follow if you're new to Spanish like me (and Mexican Spanish is usually quite easy to follow).

Peter

CrOtALiTo
January 05, 2011, 09:39 PM
Yes that kind to movies are well spoken in Spanish more the kind to slang or idioms, I can recommending you watch more movies spoken in Spanish and if they are Mexican films are better.

Good luck with in your road still for cross.

God bless you.

Peter
January 06, 2011, 07:48 AM
Yes that kind to movies are well spoken in Spanish more the kind to slang or idioms, I can recommending you watch more movies spoken in Spanish and if they are Mexican films are better.

Good luck with in your road still for cross.

God bless you.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by "more the kind to slang or idioms".

CrOtALiTo
January 06, 2011, 12:18 PM
I want to mean you must to watch more Pedro Infante's movies, because that kind to movies are spoken very fluently and also they are spoken clear and slowly between the phrases, then I can recommending you, that kind to movies likes you can hear to music from Mexico in specially romantic's music already they are singed slowly for the songster.

Watching movies spoken in Spanish you can get or upgrade in slangs or idioms too.

Sincerely yours.

BMG
January 14, 2011, 05:08 PM
I recently watched,
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers

With Spanish subtitles

I thought it was an educational process.That's pretty interesting. How much do you feel you got out of it?

Yesterday, I tried watching a DVD I own (Dogma) in Spanish audio (I wanted to pick a movie I was more familiar with, but most DVD's sold in the US don't seem to come with Spanish audio!), hoping that since I generally know what's going on anyway, I'd be able to somewhat make out the dialogue, even though native speakers speak far too quickly for me to understand (yet).

I didn't get very far :D

I might have to try watching something in English but with Spanish subs, hopefully that would be more beneficial to me.

Elaina
January 16, 2011, 03:31 AM
I want to mean you must to watch more Pedro Infante's movies, because that kind to movies are spoken very fluently and also they are spoken clear and slowly between the phrases, then I can recommending you, that kind to movies likes you can hear to music from Mexico in specially romantic's music already they are singed slowly for the songster.

Watching movies spoken in Spanish you can get or upgrade in slangs or idioms too.

Sincerely yours.

Some of his movies have clear speech but a lot of them don't especially if it is a cowboy movie where they use A LOT of different words. Words like "chilpayate" that may confuse a few people. On the "funny" movies of Pedro Infante the play on words is fascinating and difficult to follow if you are not truly fluent.

:)

CrOtALiTo
January 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
Some of his movies have clear speech but a lot of them don't especially if it is a cowboy movie where they use A LOT of different words. Words like "chilpayate" that may confuse a few people. On the "funny" movies of Pedro Infante the play on words is fascinating and difficult to follow if you are not truly fluent.

:)

Yes I agree with you, but anyway they can help you with your speech, then I know that kind to movies are spoken some many words like you told me, but also they can help you, because you have the change to learn new colloquial words.

Also the American movies are spoken with colloquial words.

I tell you this, because I have watched a lot of American movies and they have taught me a lot of words than aren't mentioned in the forums and anyway they have helped me in my speech.

Regards.:)

ROBINDESBOIS
January 28, 2011, 04:34 PM
I highly recommend you this webpage www.tve.es (http://www.tve.es) on this page , you can find majestic Spanish tv series and programs of all kind. To practise your Spanish see " Amar en tiempos revueltos" perfect pronunciation, and rich language. enjoy it.

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org