Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hello from Florida! :-) (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=7968)

WanderlustWhispers May 19, 2010 08:09 AM

Hello from Florida! :-)

Hello all,

I've been lurking around this board for a while reading past posts and getting a feel for the layout. I must say that I am in total AWE and AMAZEMENT at the skill level of so many people on this board. I have wanted to learn a second language for most of my life and after finding this board...I think it may be possible.

I've decided to buckle down and try my hand at Spanish. I would like to learn Spanish for several reasons. #1 I love the study of foreign languages and I believe Spanish would be those most useful to me as I reside in Florida. #2 I spent a month in Spain and do not feel that I got the most out of my trip due to the language barriers. #3 I hope to practice International Law and knowing Spanish will open up many opportunities for me. And #4 I look forward to all of the cultural and artistic experiences that await upon me getting a descent grasp on the Spanish language.

So far, my strategy is: FSI Programmatic Volumes 1 & 2 while doing Pimsleur Conversational 1 (borrowed from the library). Afterwards I will embark on FSI Basic Volumes 1,2,3 & 4 while also utilizing Teach Yourself software. I will also utilize online sites/novellas such as Destinos and BBC resources.

I hope to study 2 hours daily if not more. After spending 3 years in law school and studying for 12 hours a day during bar exam prep, I know that I can study for longer blocks of time if need be.

I’m keeping a blog of my journey and hope to meet new friends and give support to others that are embarking on this adventure. :-)

Take care!

Wanderlust Whispers (Monica)

poli May 19, 2010 08:48 AM

Good luck. Clearly learning something as big as a language is mega,
but, if you stick to it, it will come to you.

hermit May 19, 2010 08:55 AM

Hi Monica - Welcome - I'm sure you'll find all you need here
on the forum(s).

Hermit

CrOtALiTo May 19, 2010 10:50 AM

Hello I bid you welcome to this forums, I hope that your stay in the forums will be enjoyable.
If you ultimate have been lurking in your computer and without say nothing, I believe that now it's time to do it.

Please you feeling you free to post anything you need although it being hello.
And if you need to help in something, please you don't hesitate to ask us then.

Bes regards.

Jessica May 19, 2010 10:57 AM

bienvenido

irmamar May 19, 2010 12:29 PM

Welcome. :)

WanderlustWhispers May 20, 2010 11:59 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance as well. I'm really excited about my language learning "journey". I feel as if a whole new world is opening up! :-)

irmamar May 20, 2010 12:02 PM

You're right. :)

hermit May 20, 2010 12:26 PM

¡Aprender otra lengua es entrar otro mundo, de veras!

JPablo May 22, 2010 07:59 AM

¡Hola Mónica! :)
¡Bienvenida a los foros! Enjoy the learning ride!
By the by, in Spanish, "wanderlust" = ansias de conocer mundo. [literally: longing/thirst/yearning for knowing the world]
Whispers = susurros.
Law = Derecho [or ley]. (When you say "International Law" in Spanish would be "Derecho Internacional".)
(You can correct my English too, as I am native ESpanish!)