Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Proposed new forum (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=12599)

Glen February 17, 2012 04:47 PM

Proposed new forum

I was just thinking of a new category dedicated entirely to proverbs, i.e. complete sentences as opposed to short two- or three-word descriptive phrases. In both languages, and maybe entitled Sayings (or Proverbs) in English and Refranes in Spanish. Their translations could of course be incomplete sentences or even just a word or two, but it seems to me that having them isolated would make for an easier search. What do the others of you think?

JPablo February 18, 2012 02:43 AM

I think it is a good idea. In this way, Refranes may be its own section, while idioms and/or idiomatic expressions may go the way it is now... Not sure how that gets implemented, or where to establish the frontier... The point, like in the tale remains, ¿Quién le pone el cascabel al gato?

ROBINDESBOIS February 22, 2012 06:12 AM

The only problem I see is that sometimes is difficult to tell between a refrán and a frase hecha.

Glen February 24, 2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS (Post 122266)
The only problem I see is that sometimes is difficult to tell between a refrán and a frase hecha.

No matter, they may be the same. My idea was only to separate those that are complete sentences in themselves from the short descriptive phrases which cannot stand alone.

JPablo February 24, 2012 01:38 PM

Al César lo que es del César, y a Dios lo que es de Dios.

Glen April 01, 2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPablo (Post 122129)
¿Quién le pone el cascabel al gato?

I volunteer to categorize them, at least the ones in Spanish.

JPablo April 06, 2012 10:31 PM

Well, I take you should get in comm with David, Davidisimo, Tomisimo... to carry out the task... the valiant task, I'd say. ;)

aleCcowaN April 07, 2012 05:59 AM

Where would we place "Goles son amores" or "Votos son amores"? (From "Obras son amores, que no buenas razones"). I reckon we range from proverbs to short phrases "sin solución de continuidad"

CrOtALiTo April 07, 2012 11:50 PM

Where David has been ultimately?
Already I have a long time that I don't see him around or al least near of the forums, that is weir, because is the owner of the forums, and well the unit administrator.

I'm think is excellent the idea to add one or more forums inside of the web.

I approve the building hahaha.

Glen April 08, 2012 05:22 PM

Well aleCcowaN, my idea was just to separate those that are already complete sentences in themselves, regardless of length, from those that are no more than short descriptive phrases - or even vocabulary or grammatical terms - which must be inserted into an ordinary sentence. What do you think?

Well CrOtALiTo, I wonder too, having sent him several messages and still waiting for a reply.