Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Culture (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   4th of July. (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=1576)

Jane July 04, 2008 05:28 AM

4th of July.

Happy 4th of July to all Americans in the house!:);):D

Tomisimo July 04, 2008 09:33 AM

Thank you very much Jane. I still haven't figured out if you're American or not :D

Rusty July 04, 2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomisimo (Post 11679)
Thank you very much Jane. I still haven't figured out if you're American or not :D

She isn't.

CrOtALiTo July 04, 2008 11:43 AM

Hey, Could I ask you about of the 4th of July.?

Here, I have heard a lot of, in the America People, about of the July 4th, I don't know, What do thing celebrate you in your country that day.?

Here, in Mexico, we celebrate some days as November 20th, September 15th, these days for us, it are very important in our contry since times past, then I don't know the cultures differents in other contries, and I would like know it.

And good, I wish you all best in your day July 4, for any reason that you are celebrating today.

I hope you all are well.

I await your corrections.

Rusty July 04, 2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 11683)
Hey, could I ask you something about of the 4th of July.?

Here, I have heard a lot :?:of, in the America People,:?: about of the 4th of July 4,. I don't know, What do things do you celebrate you in your country on that day.?

Here, in Mexico, we celebrate some days, such as November 20 and September 15. These days for us, it are very important for us in our country since times past. then But, I don't know the different cultures differents in other countries, and I would like know them.

And good, I wish you all the best on your 4th of July holiday, for whatever reason that you are celebrating today.

I hope you all are well.

I await your corrections.

In the United States, we celebrate the 4th of July (July 4th) as the day we gained independence from British rule in 1776. We celebrate it by watching parades and firework displays. Many families enjoy picnics and other activities together.

CrOtALiTo July 04, 2008 12:09 PM

Ok, Just we, like you have parades and fire

CrOtALiTo July 04, 2008 12:13 PM

Ok, Just we, like you, we have parades and fireworks displays, and all show or displays we the realize the exhibition near the beach.

The days September 15th, November 20th.

Rusty July 04, 2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 11688)
Ok, Just we, like you, we have parades and fireworks displays, and all show or displays we the realize the exhibition near the beach. (correction below)

The days: September 15th, November 20th.

We, like you, have parades and firework displays. All shows or displays are done (are performed, are exhibited) near the beach.

to realize = darse cuenta de
realizar = to perform, to do (hacer), to happen (acontecer), to conduct (entrevista)

CrOtALiTo July 04, 2008 01:28 PM

Ok, Rusty.

We have parades and fireworks displays, All show are done near of the beach.

Rusty, My text is ok?

I to realize that my mistakes are very common.

That's for sure, (Your corrections).

Tomisimo July 04, 2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 11688)
The days September 15th, November 20th.

What do you celebrate on November 20th?