Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Practice & Homework (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Practice Paragraph - Mi Amiga, familia, yo y perros (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=8746)

WanderlustWhispers August 16, 2010 05:50 PM

Practice Paragraph - Mi Amiga, familia, yo y perros

How did I do??? :-)

Hola!
Quiero hablar acerca de mi, mi amiga el mejor, familia y perros. Mi amiga el mejor es muy bonita y graciosa. Ella es energico aunque a veces quieta. Ella es divorciado pero contenta. Mi madre es amable y simpatica, gentil, nunca egoista, celosa o mezquina. Creo que mi hijo is relativamente talentoso y fiel. Mi perros esta lindo, aunque no disciplinado mucho. Estan mezquino cuando enfadado. Soy cortés, enamorada y prometida.

Gracias por tu tiempo.
Hasta luego y Cuidate!

What I was trying to say..

Hello!
I want to talk about me, my best friend, family and dogs. My best friend is very pretty and funny. She is energetic although sometimes calm. She is divorced but happy. My mother is very nice and likeable, gentle and never selfish, jealous or mean. I think my son is rather gifted and faithful. My dogs are cute although not disciplined much. They are mean when angry. I am polite, in love and engaged.

Thank you for your time.
Until later and take care!

JPablo August 16, 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderlustWhispers (Post 91925)
How did I do??? :-)

¡Hola!
Quiero hablar acerca de mí, mi mejor amigael mejor, mi familia y mis perros. Mi mejor amiga el mejor es muy bonita y graciosa. Ella es enérgica, aunque a veces tranquila. [Ella] esSe ha divorciado pero está contenta. Mi madre es amable y simpática, gentil [dulce/amable], y nunca egoista, celosa o mezquina. Creo que mi hijo es relativamente[bastante] talentoso [superdotado/inteligente] y fiel [digno de confianza]. Mis perros sonesta lindos, aunque no muy/demasiado disciplinados mucho. [Son malos cuando se enfadan.] Son mezquinos cuando están enfadados. [Yo] Soy cortés [educada], estoy enamorada y prometida.

Gracias por tu tiempo.
¡Hasta luego y cuídate!

What I was trying to say..

Hello!
I want to talk about me, my best friend, family and dogs. My best friend is very pretty and funny. She is energetic although sometimes calm. She is divorced but happy. My mother is very nice and likeable, gentle and never selfish, jealous or mean. I think my son is rather gifted and faithful. My dogs are cute although not disciplined much. They are mean when angry. I am polite, in love and engaged.

Thank you for your time.
Until later and take care!

¡Hola, WanderlustWhispers!
¡Muy bien!
I was able to understand everything, so good on that. I marked corrections in red and suggestions in blue.
I hope you understand these, but if any question, please let me know. Glad that you are having a good time! :)
Keep practicing! :thumbsup:

WanderlustWhispers August 16, 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPablo (Post 91927)
¡Hola, WanderlustWhispers!
¡Muy bien!
I was able to understand everything, so good on that. I marked corrections in red and suggestions in blue.
I hope you understand these, but if any question, please let me know. Glad that you are having a good time! :)
Keep practicing! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! You are very appreciated! I'm attempting to use some of the vocabulary words from a flashcard set that I just purchased. Some of the words were quieto/a=calm, cortes=polite, relativamente=rather, talentoso/a=gifted and fiel=faithful. I noticed that you made alternate suggestions for these words. I know that sometimes courses include words that are not USUALLY used often in real-life Spanish conversations. Is that the case here? Thanks again!

M~

JPablo August 16, 2010 09:13 PM

Well, on the suggestions this may be my "subjective" "style". I.e., some people may use more often the translations in your flash-cards... That's why I just noted as blue, as the way you have these is not incorrect at all.

Like... I personally would say "un perro fiel" or "un marido fiel", but I would tend to use "un chico digno de confianza". That may just be my personal liking. As long as you understand you can get familiar with words and synonyms and if you start reading and listening to native Spanish speakers, you may notice what is more common in your area, and have your own criteria to choose.
At any rate, you are doing good. Keep it up! :) :thumbsup: