Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Culture (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   España durante el verano (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=2087)

malin October 16, 2008 01:54 PM

España durante el verano

El proximo verano voy a ir a Barcelona, voy a vivir aquí durante tres semanas para estudiar español. Mi pregunta es, creemos que es dificíl que encontrar nuevos personas? Son los españoles simpaticás y es fácil para conseguo amigos?

I'm sorry that my spanish isn't very good, but I'd be happy if you corrected if you saw something wrong..

Rusty October 16, 2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malin (Post 17303)
El próximo verano voy a ir a Barcelona. Voy a vivir allí por tres semanas para estudiar español. Mi pregunta es, ¿creen que es difícíl que conocer a nuevas personas? ¿Son los españoles simpáticos y es fácil para conseguir amigos?

I'm sorry that my Spanish isn't very good, but I'd be happy if you corrected it if you see something wrong.

Corrected your message.

I've never been to Spain, but I suppose the people are friendly. We have a couple of friendly Spaniards who contribute to the forums! :D

CrOtALiTo October 16, 2008 06:47 PM

I never been in Spain, but I suppose that the place should to be very beautiful, but Do you meet Mexico?

poli October 17, 2008 05:49 AM

Bare in mind that Barcelona is in Catalonia, and the Catalán language is widely spoken there. Catalán is different from Castillian which is the language we call Spanish. Castillian is nevertheless widely spoken in Barcelona like English is widely spoken in Montreal. Barcelona really isn't a whole lot like the romantic image presented in that Woody Allen movie. If you're friendly and willing to communicate, you'll make friends. If you're going to be with other English-speaking students you definitely will bond with them.

CrOtALiTo October 17, 2008 11:01 AM

Yes, that places would to be very beautiful and very comfortable are there, I'd like go to some place of those.

Rusty October 17, 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 17409)
Yes, that places would to be very beautiful and very comfortable are there, I'd like go to some place of those.

Yes, those places (esos lugares)
would to be very beautiful and very comfortable are there.
I'd like to go to some of those places.

CrOtALiTo October 17, 2008 03:59 PM

Oh right, thanks for the correction.

Planet hopper October 18, 2008 02:48 PM

Barcelona (Barna, BCN) is not the friendliest spot in Sp. It's a bit like Shanghai in China, a city with a somehow different story and often quarreling with the capital. However, they are friendly, of course. Life is a 30% cheaper in Andalusia than in Barna. A catalan MUST be able to talk spanish by law, if they pretend they can't they are teasing you.

Jessica October 18, 2008 03:27 PM

I don't understand the Spanish. Someone translate please.

Rusty October 18, 2008 06:44 PM

Jessica, I believe you can find most of those words in a dictionary. The conjugated verbs won't be there, but you've studied Spanish long enough to be able to guess the infinitive for most of them.
Give it a try. Post your translation efforts here and we'll fill in the gaps. Te gusta la tarea. It'll be fun!