Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What do you recommend me at my visit to Spain ? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=16086)

sigifredo May 27, 2013 05:49 AM

What do you recommend me at my visit to Spain ?
 
Hello everybody

I'm planning to visit Espana this summer.
Will be my first time visit there.

what do you recommend me ?
for the sightseeings ?
for food & beverage ?
for history & art ?
for entertainment ?
for night life ?
for sports facilities ?
or anything you want to add...please just write me anything you like in Spain

ROBINDESBOIS May 27, 2013 06:43 AM

Spain is huge, and everywhere is fantastic. Which area are you going to?
What, s your preference, sea, mountain, city?
All depends on what you wanna do.

sigifredo May 27, 2013 07:24 AM

well, I think city life is better.
sea holiday would be fantastic also.
I can travel around few good places if you advice me.

JPablo May 29, 2013 11:02 PM

I'd recommend you Barcelona, Girona, Figueres, Cadaqués, if you like Picasso and Dalí you can see their museums, if you like the seashore, Costa Brava is a 10 (from my viewpoint...) (There's a LOT more... but this is just a suggestion...)

poli May 30, 2013 08:26 AM

Madrid is a good start. Even the airport is beautiful. I has many attractions for visitors along the Paseo del Prado (three great art museums), but if you have time exploring the city by foot is a worthwhile
cultural experience. There's very good food, and things cost less than they do in the USA. It's a transportation hub with fast trains that will take you to impressive places Cordoba and Seville quickly and with no hassles. Be aware of the fact that it's extremely hot there in the summer.

sigifredo June 03, 2013 05:46 AM

JPablo, thank you for your usefull suggestions. I'm sure there will work for me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by poli (Post 138507)
Madrid is a good start. Even the airport is beautiful. I has many attractions for visitors along the Paseo del Prado (three great art museums), but if you have time exploring the city by foot is a worthwhile
cultural experience. There's very good food, and things cost less than they do in the USA. It's a transportation hub with fast trains that will take you to impressive places Cordoba and Seville quickly and with no hassles. Be aware of the fact that it's extremely hot there in the summer.


I'll extremelly need your caring message. there are lots of good points for me now. Thanks a lot :)

Villa July 02, 2013 10:30 AM

Hola sigifredo.
The most famous Roman aqueduct in the world is in Segovia, Spain.
I recommend you go there. The Romans from Rome build it and then
stayed in Spain. Spain was ruled by the Romans for 640 years. Spain
was the most important colony of the Roman Empire. Spain had Roma emperors, Roman popes, important Roman generals and soldiers. Russel Crowe played a general from Spain in his movie Gladiator. Latin of the Roman Empire was spoken in Spain for 840 years before it became Spanish.
Italians and Spanish are closely related became of this.

Eat Spanish tapas and paella. You know what paella is?

pjt33 July 02, 2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa (Post 139966)
Spain was the most important colony of the Roman Empire.

On what measure? Off the top of my head I would say Egypt, which supplied winter corn to Rome.

JPablo July 02, 2013 05:34 PM

Probably, supplying emperors and philosophers... perhaps bullfights as well... :rolleyes: :D

poli July 02, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjt33 (Post 139970)
On what measure? Off the top of my head I would say Egypt, which supplied winter corn to Rome.

Corn? :thinking: Well maybe in the old sense as in barley corn, because corn as in maize is native to the Americas.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.