Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Technical things (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Correct typing? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=11446)

caliber1 August 04, 2011 10:12 PM

Correct typing?

How do I make it so I can type correctly in Spanish. I want to be able to type the accents, the squigly (technichal term :lengua:) above the "n", and the upside down exclamations and question marks. Anybody know how.

Quiero escribir correcto! :dancingman:

Rusty August 04, 2011 10:18 PM

There is an 'Accents' drop-down menu just above the area you use for typing. It contains all the special characters you'll need to write in Spanish.

caliber1 August 04, 2011 10:29 PM

Gotcha. I never said I was computer savy:D

wrholt August 05, 2011 12:36 AM

Using the Accents drop down menu is the easiest method, unless you want to learn how to configure your computer to be able to type them directly from the keyboard. How you do that depends on which operating system you use.

Luna Azul August 05, 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliber1 (Post 114993)
How do I make it so I can type correctly in Spanish. I want to be able to type the accents, the squigly (technichal term :lengua:) above the "n", and the upside down exclamations and question marks. Anybody know how.

Quiero escribir correcto! :dancingman:

The technical term is "tilde".

The letter 'n' with the small 'squiggle' on it is called "eñe". Just for your information.. ;)

caliber1 August 06, 2011 10:09 PM

Thanks Luna. I just need to read more so I know where to use these.

SPX August 07, 2011 02:33 PM

If you're running Windows you can configure your Keyboard for Spanish characters, to where you click the ALT key + N for ñ or ALT + O for ó, for instance.

Let me know if you want instructions on how to set that up.

jrandlib August 10, 2011 10:28 AM

Quiero saber, por favor.

AngelicaDeAlquezar August 10, 2011 12:35 PM

You can take a look here. :)

funkcanna August 11, 2011 07:33 AM

Kind of off the topic of typing but while we are talking about setting up a Spanish keyboard in Windows...one thing helps me is setting the language to Spanish for something I know well - I have set my facebook language to Spanish because I know what all the options mean in English by heart so when I set the language to Spanish I could easily translate the words. I have since set my windows display language to Spanish too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPX (Post 115148)
If you're running Windows you can configure your Keyboard for Spanish characters, to where you click the ALT key + N for ñ or ALT + O for ó, for instance.

Let me know if you want instructions on how to set that up.

I didnt know that!

However when I have my keyboard set to Spanish I use the " key to "ready" the letters for a tilde and the ; key for a ñ.

For example if I want to put the tilde over the "o" I would press " once then press o.