Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Idioms & Sayings (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Volcho (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=1760)

María José August 12, 2008 01:38 AM

Volcho

Crotalito,
What does volcho mean?:confused:

Jane August 12, 2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by María José (Post 13890)
Crotalito,
What does volcho mean?:confused:

I was going to ask the same question...:confused:

Rusty August 12, 2008 09:03 AM

Other than a nickname for the beetle/bug (a Volkswagon car), I can't find anything.
It wouldn't make sense for Crotalito to claim that he's the 'beetle' of the world. Also :confused:.

CrOtALiTo August 12, 2008 09:42 AM

Good morning People.

Hi, María José, before I answer your questions, want I say you, your nick or your name is beautiful, it's truth, good, a Volcho, What does mean it.?

Ohh, Still I remember that times, when I've had an Volchos, they are very nice, very comfortable, they traveled much in the roads of this country, I remember when the magazine of the Volcho Mania took them picture to my orange with cream volcho near of the beach, it was an afternoon that two yeas ago, I've the magazine where I'm with my vochito, in the event of the vochomania, I had two vochos, I love them, I want buy other vocho, good these last times, it were very wonderful for me.

Mary, The Volchos and like called Wolksvaguen, they're an cars of the line of the Wolksvaguen, like they're called Escarabajos, two years ago, I had two volchos, and you let me tell you, they're my entertainment, I love them, I like doing modifications in their original form, and today I haven't got one anymore, but I'd have them again, two years ago, I attended to an event wheren were only volchos, all they were modifyinged in your origina form, I've the magazine where I got out with my orange volcho, someday I put the picture about it, in my country is very common see them, in the streets, but the people does not put them importance in their aspect simply the people has them very damage and uglies in their body, and that I'm very angry for it, and perhaps the people does not like the volchos much as I like them, if you wach some day to some one, please you see them, how a car legendary doesn't as a old car, and please let me know if you've a volcho, tell me it and I'll can give you ideas for modify his aspect actual.

Regards.

LIVE THE VOCHOS, YEAH.

Tomisimo August 12, 2008 12:06 PM

Vocho (no L) is a slang term for a Volkswagon Beetle in Mexico. Other Spanish-speaking countries use escarabajo, cucaracha, pichirilo, poncho, fusca, and peta.

sosia August 12, 2008 12:09 PM

I know "vocho" as a "escarabajo" (vw beetle) as David says.
It's no more in production, it ended not long ago (2003)
saludos :D

Rusty August 12, 2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomisimo (Post 13968)
Vocho (no L) is a slang term for a Volkswagon Beetle in Mexico. Other Spanish-speaking countries use escarabajo, cucaracha, pichirilo, poncho, fusca, and peta.

Thank you, David, for the correct spelling. Crotalito isn't the only one who misspells it (there were plenty of hits on the net for the wrong spelling).

Tomisimo August 12, 2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosia (Post 13969)
I know "vocho" as a "escarabajo" (vw beetle) as David says.
It's no longer in production, it ended not long ago (2003)
saludos :D

Yes, I remember hearing that in the news a few years ago. Has it really been 5 years?! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 13970)
Thank you, David, for the correct spelling. Crotalito isn't the only one who misspells it (there were plenty of hits on the net for the wrong spelling).

Plenty of people spell it as bocho as well, but the most common spelling by far is vocho.

Tomisimo August 12, 2008 12:16 PM

By the way my list of slang terms came from Wikipedia. Interesting how a car can have so many nicknames.
Quote:

Aunque inicialmente se llamó "Volkswagen Sedan" o "Volkswagen Tipo 1", recibió numerosos apodos que luego fueron adoptados por Volkswagen en su publicidad y nomenclatura: Escarabajo en Argentina, Perú, Venezuela, Chile, España, El Salvador y Paraguay, Vocho en México y algunos países de Centro América, Cucaracha en Guatemala y Honduras, Poncho en Panamá, Pichirilo en Ecuador, Fusca en Brasil y Uruguay, Käfer en Alemania, Coccinelle en Francia, Volky en Puerto Rico, Maggiolino en Italia, Cepillo en República Dominicana, Peta en Bolivia, Garbus en Polonia (jorobado), y Beetle en los países angloparlantes.

CrOtALiTo August 12, 2008 12:19 PM

Yeah, David, the term Vocho is used for me and by all the Mexicans, it's like called Escarabajo, Vocho, Vochito, Cucaracha, the other meaning I don't meet them, the vocho ain't a Bettle, the Bettle is another cars of the line wolkswangon, the vocho in really is Wolksvaguen Sedán, of doors two, with a machine of 4 Cylinders and a carburetor, the maximun revolution for minutes of the Vocho is 14 KM/H, you can put her Buggles of respiration double, and you can modify the doors as butterfly.

Caracteristicas.

Wolksvaguen Sedán 1935 a 2000, Motor de 4 Cilindros, Pistones recortados para mayor desfogue de el carburador, y mayor conbustion en combustible, tiene carburador de una boca, o puedes ponerle dos carburadores llamados buggles, tiene llantas R15, las puertas las puedes modificar como mariposa, o suicida, cofre curbeado en forma de huevo, tanque de gasolina de 56 litros, caja de velocidades de 4 salidas y cambios el motor hecho en Mexico, puntales de recorte para mayor conbustion, 3 asientos dos enfrente y uno extendido atras, velocimetro de chicote, o digital, salpicaderas recortadas.

Y varias cosas mas, you can to doing her.