Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español

Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Charla Libre (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thinking on quitting... (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=20675)

Liquinn3 December 02, 2015 06:18 PM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Rusty (Mensaje 157732)
A native speaker never stops learning his or her language. There is always something new to learn. There are ways to improve on what you think you've mastered.
Languages are ever-changing. There is no possible way to learn everything. You'll spend a lifetime trying to master your native tongue.

True. What's easier to master? A foreign or native language?

Sancho Panther December 03, 2015 07:12 AM

I began learning Spanish in nineteen seventy after a fellow Brit said how rude we Brits are expecting everybody to understand English. So when I returned from Lloret de Mar in September I commenced learning. By Christmas I'd got a bit behind and packed it up. However in mid-January we were called out on strike which lasted until early March so I resumed my studies. I now manage fairly well but I still continue looking-up points of grammar, especially when I'm corrected by my Spanish señora, or my daughter who has an 'A' level in Spanish and used to live in Alicante!

JPablo December 04, 2015 08:48 PM

I think it is easier to master your native tongue, but you can always get a high level of proficiency in other languages as well... :-)

Liquinn3 December 16, 2015 01:03 PM

Could someone LOVE a language but not like the country?

poli December 16, 2015 06:10 PM

Of course. You may love English but hate USA, and love India or Jamaica or Australia or The Philippines or UK. The same would go for Spanish: hate Spain but love Argentina or Mexico or USA... Or you can dislike all those countries, and just have a love for the language. There's lots of variables.

Liquinn3 December 18, 2015 05:08 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por poli (Mensaje 158075)
Of course. You may love English but hate USA, and love India or Jamaica or Australia or The Philippines or UK. The same would go for Spanish: hate Spain but love Argentina or Mexico or USA... Or you can dislike all those countries, and just have a love for the language. There's lots of variables.

Reading a Spanish book in England seems different to reading one in Spain. Why?

poli December 18, 2015 09:41 AM

I don't think I would notice the difference, but speaking Castilian in Spain is different from speaking Spanish in NYC for me.

Liquinn3 December 19, 2015 04:17 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por poli (Mensaje 158087)
I don't think I would notice the difference, but speaking Castilian in Spain is different from speaking Spanish in NYC for me.

Why is it different? :)

poli December 20, 2015 10:11 PM

The vocabulary and accent is quite different, and I am more accustomed to conversing with new-world Spanish speakers .

Sancho Panther December 22, 2015 04:14 AM

I have little trouble understanding well educated Hispanophones regardless of where they're from, however I do occasionally struggle to follow ill-educated people with marked regional accents, whether they're European or Latin American.

That's not snobbery at all by the way, I hold very liberal views. I actually have as much difficulty with really strong local English accents. The far north east of England has a very marked accent almost incomprehensible to the rest of the UK - 'Geordie' it's called.

La franja horaria es GMT -6. Ahora son las 11:01 PM.

Foro powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.