Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Que Pasa (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=7417)

norml840 March 16, 2010 07:31 PM

Que Pasa

New to the forums and new to Spanish, but I have a burning desire to learn this language. No reason really other than for my own personal satisfaction. Any advice for a newbie? Best place to start, etc...

Nice to meet everyone.

Rusty March 16, 2010 08:40 PM

You've come to a good place to ask questions throughout your learning process.

Welcome to the forums!

Are you taking classes (formal study) or are you just trying to learn on your own?

CrOtALiTo March 16, 2010 10:28 PM

Hello newbie I bid you welcome to this place.
I believe that if you have the satisfaction to desire to learn this language.
You should to read the last post written in Spanish, so I believe that you'll can learn new words that you don't meet.

Have a good day.

irmamar March 17, 2010 01:17 AM

Welcome. :)

Jessica March 17, 2010 06:23 AM

welcome

bobjenkins March 17, 2010 07:54 AM

Hola y encantado

Aprende el presente y sus conjugaciones
Learn the basic conjugations

I run . yo corro
He runs . él corre
You run . tú corres
They run . ellos corren
We run . nosotros corremos
You run (formal) . usted corre

y siga con otros los tiempos verbales , como pretérito, imperfecto, y los perfectos.

No aplaces de empezar a aprender el subjuntivo , nos importa

And then learn a few others, like the preterito, imperfect, and the perfect verb tenses.

the subjuntive is also important, so don´t ignore it :):)

norml840 March 17, 2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 76672)
You've come to a good place to ask questions throughout your learning process.

Welcome to the forums!

Are you taking classes (formal study) or are you just trying to learn on your own?

I wish I could afford formal classes. I borrowed my friends Rosetta Stone CD's. I also bought a couple of books. One of the books is called 501 Spanish Verbs as I can see I'm going to need a better understanding of how they work. I have also signed up on this awesome forum. And last but not least I have 2 friends at work that are native Spanish speakers. They help to correct me when I practice at work.

I figured with the combination of all of these, I should be able to learn Spanish in a decent amount of time. A year or two maybe....hopefully. Lol!

Any other good books out there? Maybe one with some assignments in it so I can feel like I'm taking a formal class. Thanks guys. Wish me luck.

bobjenkins March 17, 2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norml840 (Post 76775)
I wish I could afford formal classes. I borrowed my friends Rosetta Stone CD's. I also bought a couple of books. One of the books is called 501 Spanish Verbs as I can see I'm going to need a better understanding of how they work. I have also signed up on this awesome forum. And last but not least I have 2 friends at work that are native Spanish speakers. They help to correct me when I practice at work.

I figured with the combination of all of these, I should be able to learn Spanish in a decent amount of time. A year or two maybe....hopefully. Lol!

Any other good books out there? Maybe one with some assignments in it so I can feel like I'm taking a formal class. Thanks guys. Wish me luck.

This book is great

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0071422706/?tag=219-20

hermit March 17, 2010 01:09 PM

Hi and welcome - Right, the combination of resources you have sound very good. The most important, ultimately, will be your Spanish-speaking friends - if they're like the ones I had, they will enjoy teaching you...

Sarah March 17, 2010 06:28 PM

¡Hola! Bienvenido a este foro. Te gustará aprender español.

Hey! Welcome to this forum. =) You'll like learning spanish.