Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What do you think about the Mayan prophecy? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=13032)

CrOtALiTo May 01, 2012 09:47 PM

What do you think about the Mayan prophecy?

Hello the tread of today is!!!

What do you thing about the Mayan prophecy?

I think that I'm living a country where is happening everything.

The end of the word is coming now!

You tell me.:)

pjt33 May 02, 2012 12:25 PM

No existe ninguna profecía. Sólo un calendario que llega al año 10.000.

caliber1 May 03, 2012 10:41 PM

Oí que el calendario de los mayas no tenían los años bisiestos. Si es la verdad, el fin del mundo ya habría ocurrido. Estoy vivo todavía :dancingman::dancingman::dancingman:.

Nooner Pants May 05, 2012 07:37 PM

He oido que no es el fin del mundo, pero solo una empieza de una nueva época. Es como un año nuevo, un renacimiento.

Sancho Panther May 09, 2012 05:05 AM

Apparently it's the dawn of the fifth Maya age; the first age was the Creation without inhabitants, the second - men of clay, the third - men of wood and fourthly - us!

So we are almost due for annhilation, I wonder what our successors will be like. I don't think I'll tell the wife - she'll want to clean and redecorate the house from top to bottom in readiness for them.

Elaina May 09, 2012 11:49 AM

Not the end of the world!!! :mad:
And I have nothing to wear!!:p

I've heard it is a new beginning......a new era...maybe related to a new world...:thinking:

Hay muchos eventos mundiales ocurriendo, terremotos, diluvios, temblores, etc. Pero no creo que esto indique el principio del fin.

Elaina:)

caliber1 May 09, 2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancho Panther (Post 124681)
Apparently it's the dawn of the fifth Maya age; the first age was the Creation without inhabitants, the second - men of clay, the third - men of wood and fourthly - us!

So we are almost due for annhilation, I wonder what our successors will be like. I don't think I'll tell the wife - she'll want to clean and redecorate the house from top to bottom in readiness for them.

LOL!!! That had me laughing, because that's probably what my wife would think. "What?! The end of the world can't happen with the house looking like this"!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jessica May 11, 2012 07:58 PM

it's just a bunch of nonsense.

CrOtALiTo May 12, 2012 02:46 PM

What's going on Jessica.

Where you have been these last few months?

Almost not I have seen you around, I have lose for long time for my job, but well all the days I have open the website and I didn't see you ultimately, I think that the Mayans is only a suck for the people who they believe that the world will end this next December 21th, clarify I don't believe in thus prophecy, in fact I leave my mind open for any commentary or success that it could happen soon.

That's a madness to think in the end of the times for the moment, I will keep with my life as if nothing happen.

The life continue and nothing or nobody is sure about the end of the world.

Sancho Panther July 06, 2012 06:15 AM

Yesterday I watched (again) the tv documentary about the Maya calendar, apparently Dec 21st is the end of the fifth Maya epoch - not the fourth as I indicated earlier.

It seems they believed their (totally accurate) celestial calendar indicated five doubled periods of 2,500 years - i.e. 25,000 years. They believed each five thousand years ended in a catastrophe.

The first incarnation was Earth and animal life, the second men of clay - basically rubbish! The third were men of wood (lacking emotion); the fourth men of corn who didn't worship their deity; and the fifth incarnation is us. So, presumably if we're satisfactory we may survive, and if not then... well we'll have to see with the dawning of Dec. 22nd I suppose!

I have to say that we shall be making the customary pre-Christmas arrangements, so you can make of that what you will!