Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Finished with high school (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=13303)

Jessica June 01, 2012 07:20 PM

Finished with high school

So today was my last day of high school ever. Next Friday I am officially graduating.

Not that excited. I'm not excited for college :/

wrholt June 01, 2012 09:31 PM

Congratulations on completing this milestone!

Having mixed feelings about completing high school and what comes next is fairly common, I think. I recall that I was both excited and apprehensive: excited to be moving away from my small home town to live on campus at a large university in a large city more than 100 miles away, and apprehensive about being among strangers and having to make a new place for myself.

caliber1 June 01, 2012 10:29 PM

I am very happy for you as well. That is good news! I would just recommend going to college earlier than later. I'm 25 and in my second year with a wife and two young kids and it would have been much easier to have done it earlier. :twocents:

Anyways, best of luck to you!

Perikles June 02, 2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica (Post 125360)
So today was my last day of high school ever. Next Friday I am officially graduating.

Why not excited? It can be the best time of your life. Carpe diem. :)

Edit: I can't believe the now corrected typo.

vita32 June 02, 2012 09:24 AM

:)Think of college as a new adventure! Congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

Jessica June 04, 2012 01:04 PM

thanks all. 4 days left till I officially graduate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perikles (Post 125368)
Why not excited? It can be the best time of your life. Carpe diem. :)

Edit: I can't believe the now corrected typo.

I don't know, I'm just dreading it. not because of the courses...but mainly life on it. Food's a problem. I'm a picky eater.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vita32 (Post 125380)
:)Think of college as a new adventure! Congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

bleh lol

the college I'm going to is close to home. I'm one of those rare people that don't want to be far from home.

chileno June 04, 2012 05:30 PM

Congratulations Jessica.

It might not seem to you, but it is a great event, and going to college will be the ride of your life. It will be too short, after you graduate from college. :)

poli June 04, 2012 06:34 PM

Estoy de acuerdo que la graduación (I'm not sure gracuacóon is the best choice, and would appreciate it if a native speaker can confirm this:o)es una ceremónina pendeja. Gran cosa cumpletar doce años de escuela:wicked:, pero por la otra parte, la universidad es un mundo distinta, y vale la pena asisitir. Por lo menos era así para mí. A mí me gustaba el ambiente en que
había mucha gente interesada en cosas esotéricas. Puede ser algo especial quefrecuentamente no se encuentra afuera de esas instituciones.

CrOtALiTo June 07, 2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica (Post 125360)

Hello Jessica.

How are you?

Why you don't excited for your graduation?

Where is located the trouble for it.
I believe you are lucky for have been finished the high school when others ones doesn't not the same luck.

Then you most to be happy and well I repeat you are lucky for it.

Jessica June 08, 2012 08:13 PM

I've done it! I've graduated :P