Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Other Languages (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [French] I'm going to learn French! (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=9806)

Jferstler December 13, 2010 05:26 PM

I'm going to learn French!

That's right, I've decided to begin another journey. A French Journey! I took a half of year of French last year, and a few of my friends speak it. So, I am now going to start slowly learning it. As I will Spanish. Who's with me? lol

ChilenoAlemanCanada December 13, 2010 06:34 PM

I go to a french immersion school, so I know a fair amount, but my grammar could only be considered half-decent, and my vocabulary sucks.

Good luck!

serendipity February 08, 2011 12:16 PM

Ahhh, I want to learn French too! It's a beautiful language. But I've promised myself to try learning Italian first... we'll see how it goes! Good luck!

Caballero April 23, 2011 11:09 AM

Once you know Spanish and Italian, Frech will become very easy to read for the most part, especially if you know a little French. A lot of words that I know in Spanish, but not in French, I discover when I read French, so I can learn those words in French too.

Apalánter May 13, 2011 03:57 PM

Good luck to your journey to French(language:duh:). I'm learning french this year also. Hope to see you soon! :)

coffeecup May 17, 2011 09:27 PM

I wish you every success, but I must admit, I have never ever got French. The sound of the language is one thing, but it seems to me that the way the words are spelt are an entire other thing coming. Maybe it's just that my brain can't wrap itself around French because I have no such problem with other language. I'm so weird...

CrOtALiTo May 18, 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jferstler (Post 101881)
That's right, I've decided to begin another journey. A French Journey! I took a half of year of French last year, and a few of my friends speak it. So, I am now going to start slowly learning it. As I will Spanish. Who's with me? lol

Good luck with your journey.

I hope you can get quickly the French.:thumbsup:

muchosgracias August 12, 2011 01:34 PM

LES VENTS

Les vents sont un phenomene naturel qui fait bien sentir sa presence dans la vallee du Saint Laurent. Les bilans meteorologiquex montrent qu'ils sont constants tout au long de l'annee; seule leur velocite augmente pendant les mois d'hiver.

Please edit or correct English translation, sil vou plait:

THE WINDS

The winds are natural phenomenom that makes me feel the presence of the valley of Saint Laurent. The meteorological appreciation shows that they are unchanging for the whole long year; them alone swiftly raise thoughts of the winter month.

AngelicaDeAlquezar August 12, 2011 05:48 PM

Try starting by correcting the places where accents are missing. They're never gratuitous, neither in French nor in Spanish. ;)

SPX August 13, 2011 05:04 PM

I've always assumed that if you know any of the romance languages, then learning any of the others would be a breeze because the vocab and grammar would be similar.

For those who have tried, is that true or not true?