Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español

Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Traducciones (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Telephone message (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=7013)

Perikles February 05, 2010 09:33 AM

Telephone message

A friend has asked me to correct the Spanish translation of

Would you like your business seen by more people in your local area and for it to generate more sales for your services or products? Press 1 now or press 9 to have your number taken off our data base.

Which she thinks is

¿Desea que su negocio visto por más personas en su área local y las ventas para que genere más de sus servicios o productos?
Pulse 1 ahora o pulse 9 para tener su número retirado nuestra base de datos.

Could anybody rewrite the above Spanish to make it comprehensible? Thanks in advance. :)

AngelicaDeAlquezar February 05, 2010 10:00 AM

This is telephonic spam!! :eek: :mad: :D

OK, my proposal:

Cita:

¿Desea* que su negocio sea* visto por más personas en su área y que genere mayores ventas de sus productos o servicios? Marque** 1 ahora, o marque** 9 para que su número sea eliminado de nuestra base de datos.
*"Desea - sea" is more proactive, but maybe I'd prefer "desearía - fuera" to make it sound more polite.

**"Marque" sounds more natural to me, but it might be too Mexican. If they say "pulse" in Spain, it should be left the way it was. :)

chileno February 05, 2010 10:03 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Perikles (Mensaje 71247)
A friend has asked me to correct the Spanish translation of

Would you like your business seen by more people in your local area and for it to generate more sales for your services or products? Press 1 now or press 9 to have your number taken off our data base.

Which she thinks is

¿Desea que su negocio sea visto por más personas en su área local y generar más ventas para sus servicios o productos?
Pulse 1 ahora o pulse 9 para que su número sea retirado de nuestra base de datos.

Could anybody rewrite the above Spanish to make it comprehensible? Thanks in advance. :)

Flojo! :D

Perikles February 05, 2010 10:14 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por AngelicaDeAlquezar (Mensaje 71255)
This is telephonic spam!! :eek: :mad: :D

Yes I know, but the things you do for friends. Many thanks. :kiss:

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por chileno (Mensaje 71256)
Flojo! :D

I didn't write it. I knew it was bad, but I didn't want to correct it in case I made it worse. :eek:

chileno February 05, 2010 10:35 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Perikles (Mensaje 71262)
Yes I know, but the things you do for friends. Many thanks. :kiss:

I didn't write it. I knew it was bad, but I didn't want to correct it in case I made it worse. :eek:

Excuses! You already started on the wine and didn't want to period

See, that's the end of the sentence...:cool:

:lol::lol::lol:

AngelicaDeAlquezar February 05, 2010 10:39 AM

@Perikles: Friends are worth it. :D

Perikles February 05, 2010 10:40 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por chileno (Mensaje 71276)
Excuses! You already started on the wine and didn't want to period

You have found me out. :lol::lol: By the way, if you say ... bla bla bla period then I think you ought at least to have a period after it. :whistling:

chileno February 05, 2010 11:25 AM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Perikles (Mensaje 71279)
You have found me out. :lol::lol: By the way, if you say ... bla bla bla period then I think you ought at least to have a period after it. :whistling:

I know. i left it like that, with the ending comment....

Yeah, I know. I am weird. ;)

irmamar February 05, 2010 11:54 AM

I think that here "pulse" is more common. As I live in a bilingual community, when I phone to a firm, there's always a recording saying: "si desea ser atendido en castellano, pulse 1.". Though I've heard both "pulse" and "marque". :)

chileno February 05, 2010 01:13 PM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por irmamar (Mensaje 71292)
I think that here "pulse" is more common. As I live in a bilingual community, when I phone to a firm, there's always a recording saying: "si desea ser atendido en castellano, pulse 1.". Though I've heard both "pulse" and "marque". :)

Tambié usamos el "apriete" el número...

La franja horaria es GMT -6. Ahora son las 01:01 AM.

Foro powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.