Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Teaching and Learning Techniques (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BBC Spanish Courses (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=5331)

Tomisimo September 10, 2009 10:52 AM

BBC Spanish Courses

1 Attachment(s)
BBC has a few free Spanish courses that some of you might like to take advantage of.

Mi Vida Loca is a multi-media Iberian Spanish course. It's heavy on video (22 half-hour episodes) and has other materials like printable lists of vocabulary, grammar notes and a mini version which gives you the meat of each video in a shorter format. You can view the syllabus and print vocabulary lists, grammar notes, and transcripts of the videos there. Before getting your hopes up, try viewing one of the videos— they seem to be blocked in some countries outside the UK.

Talk Spanish is a ten part introduction to Spanish. It is divided into topics corresponding to specific activities. Each topic has a video or two, followed byflash-based activities to practice vocabulary and grammar. The videos are accompanied by transcripts. Printable worksheets are also available to help you practice what you're learning.

Spanish Steps is a collection of slide shows that teach you beggining Spanish conversation and vocabulary. You can view the syllabus, vocabulary list, and a list of grammar tips that are otherwise spread around the different units of the course.

BBC also has similar courses for French, German, Italian, Greek, Chinese, and other languages. It's really a pretty worthwhile resource, and while you may not become fluent by using it, it certainly won't hinder your learning efforts.

CrOtALiTo September 10, 2009 11:34 AM

It's seems good idea David.

Thank you for your contribution even though, I'd like to have website like yours where I can practice English, have you?

Thank you.

irmamar September 10, 2009 01:08 PM

You can find something in the BBC, too :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

Jessica September 10, 2009 01:34 PM

wow I use BBC for my social studies class; I never knew you can use it to practice languages like Spanish

pjt33 September 10, 2009 01:46 PM

The BBC's wonderful. Worth every penny, especially now that I don't pay for it :D

CrOtALiTo September 10, 2009 04:46 PM

I'm watching the website and I can see that the website is completely written in English.

Well I will try to use it.

Thank you.

irmamar September 10, 2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 50939)
I'm watching the website and I can see that the website is completely wrote in English.

Well I will try to use it.

Thank you.

to write, wrote, written

I'm going to write a letter.

I wrote a letter yesterday

I've just written a letter - the letter is written.

Some help ;)

CrOtALiTo September 11, 2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 50978)
to write, wrote, written

I'm going to write a letter.

I wrote a letter yesterday

I've just written a letter - the letter is written.

Some help ;)

I always jumble the word Write in past or present, I don't know but, I'd like clarify the words..

Write- present.

Wrote- past

Written- continue past

I'm right.

Pleaser you don'r forget to write examples.

I'm thankfulness with the help.:)

irmamar September 11, 2009 12:24 PM

You're welcome :)

But... grateful :confused: (I'm grateful for your help) ;)

brute September 11, 2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomisimo (Post 50826)
BBC has a few free Spanish courses that some of you might like to take advantage of.

Mi Vida Loca is a multi-media Iberian Spanish course. It's heavy on video (22 half-hour episodes) and has other materials like printable lists of vocabulary, grammar notes and a mini version which gives you the meat of each video in a shorter format. You can view the syllabus and print vocabulary lists, grammar notes, and transcripts of the videos there. Before getting your hopes up, try viewing one of the videos— they seem to be blocked in some countries outside the UK.

Talk Spanish is a ten part introduction to Spanish. It is divided into topics corresponding to specific activities. Each topic has a video or two, followed byflash-based activities to practice vocabulary and grammar. The videos are accompanied by transcripts. Printable worksheets are also available to help you practice what you're learning.

Spanish Steps is a collection of slide shows that teach you beggining Spanish conversation and vocabulary. You can view the syllabus, vocabulary list, and a list of grammar tips that are otherwise spread around the different units of the course.

BBC also has similar courses for French, German, Italian, Greek, Chinese, and other languages. It's really a pretty worthwhile resource, and while you may not become fluent by using it, it certainly won't hinder your learning efforts.

This looks like a very good beginners' course. Do you know if it be copied onto cd or dvd?