Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Grammar (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Am I using "Te" correctly? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=8061)

Jorjor May 26, 2010 11:05 PM

Am I using "Te" correctly?

Did I use these three "you's correctly". I've been self teaching myself the uses of te :thinking:(My Spanish I class is moving like a slug) and I wanted to know if I'm using them right?

Te necesitamos
Te odio
Te amo(I guess everyone knows this)
Tú eres tan rico y te quiero comer

Rusty May 26, 2010 11:31 PM

All usages are correct. Welcome to the forums!

chileno May 26, 2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorjor (Post 83966)
Did I use these three "you's correctly". I've been self teaching myself the uses of te :thinking:(My Spanish I class is moving like a slug) and I wanted to know if I'm using them right?

Te necesitamos
Te odio

Excellent!

Welcome to the forums, you are doing the correct with taking the initiative of doing by yourself. After all, you already are proficient, at your level, in English.

Bravo!

irmamar May 27, 2010 12:39 AM

You said "is moving like a slug". The dictionary says that 'slug' means 'babosa' (slow) and 'bullet' (fast). So I'm not sure if it means slow or fast. :thinking:

Thanks. :)

Perikles May 27, 2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 84001)
You said "is moving like a slug". The dictionary says that 'slug' means 'babosa' (slow) and 'bullet' (fast). So I'm not sure if it means slow or fast. :thinking:

He means the slower one, babosa. Anything involving a slug suggests laziness or lack of movement.

I've been a slug today and done absolutely nothing.

irmamar May 27, 2010 03:20 AM

CrOtALiTo May 27, 2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorjor (Post 83966)

Te necesitamos
Te odio

Yes they are correct.

I don't find flaws in the your attempts.:)

Well done hummie.

Jorjor May 27, 2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 84001)

A slug is an animal similar to a snail. And they move slow so I'm comparing the learning pace of my class to a slug's pace.
haha

JPablo May 29, 2010 03:40 AM

Te lo digo, Jorjor: ¡Tú sí que sabes!
[I am telling you, Jorjor: You really know!]
Bienvenido a los foros... and hopefully you get up to the speed of a cheetah! :)