Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Vocabulary (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ahí, allí, allá - what's the difference? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=384)

irmamar June 17, 2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poli (Post 39087)
-----------------------
me avisas si hay algo que escribí que no entiendes.

Do you eat detergente? ;) I knew you used to eat strange things, but not so much strange :D (I'll prepare a "salmorejo" for you :) )

So, it is better to say "we all". In this way I avoid confussions, isn't it?

I just wanted to say: todos nosotros. I knew "All of us" and I had a doubt with "we all".

brute June 24, 2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 38863)
Gracias a ti ;)

We all are young :D

No. ¡Soy viejo!

irmamar June 25, 2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brute (Post 39943)
No. ¡Soy viejo!

If you think you are old, you will be old. If you think you're young with more experience and knowledge than younger people, you'll be young. Youth is an attitude more than a moment in our lives. Words are useful for us, not on the contrary (that's my philosophy):)

Another sentence from mine: youth is like an illness that "se cura" (I am not sure the best word for "se cura") with years. ;)

Rusty June 25, 2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 40023)
If you think you are old, you will be old. If you think you're young with more experience and knowledge than younger people, you'll be young. Youth is an attitude more than a moment in our lives. Words are useful for us, not on the contrary (that's my philosophy):)

Another sentence from mine: youth is like an illness that "se cura" (I am not sure the best word for "se cura") with years. ;)

Youth is like an illness that gets better with the years.
Youth is like an illness that improves over the years.
:applause:

irmamar June 25, 2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 40036)
Youth is like an illness that gets better with the years.
Youth is like an illness that improves over the years.
:applause:

Strange way of saying that :thinking:. I'll explain in Spanish:

Si yo digo que la enfermedad mejora con la edad, parece que la enfermedad va bien, pero entonces el enfermo va peor. Por eso me parece que tendría que ser al revés, la enfermedad empeora :confused:. Nosotros decimos "curar" la enfermedad o al enfermo.

Well, semantic questions :)

Rusty June 25, 2009 03:48 PM

Well, I was just trying to translate your phrase without looking at all the pieces. :eek:

curarse = to get better from an illness

An illness that improves or gets better is the opposite of what you were trying to say, as you thought. ;)

We are the ones who are improving or getting better, not the illness. The illness is going away.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Youth improves with age.

irmamar June 26, 2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 40120)
Well, I was just trying to translate your phrase without looking at all the pieces. :eek:

curarse = to get better from an illness

An illness that improves or gets better is the opposite of what you were trying to say, as you thought. ;)

We are the ones who are improving or getting better, not the illness. The illness is going away.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Youth improves with age.

OK, thanks, Rusty :)