Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Translations (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Looking for soulmate text (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=23510)

Roman November 03, 2018 11:15 PM

Looking for soulmate text

English my second language so let me know what i can improve about my wording.

Need to translate following into Spanish so it does not sound too offensive or out of line
Quote:

Decent hard working European man 34yo, do not smoke or drink
wants to build a family based on traditional Cristian values with
devout, family oriented women 18-25yo.

If you know someone who might be interested give this card to her.

Rusty November 04, 2018 05:19 PM

Improvements to the English text:
Decent, hard-working 34yo man, European, non-smoker/non-drinker,
wants to build a family based on traditional Christian values with a devout,
family-oriented woman, 18-25yo.

If you know someone who might be interested, (please) give this card to her.
We are not a free translation service. We're a community of language learners. Welcome to the forums!

I suppose you're interested in learning Spanish, else you wouldn't consider printing cards in Spanish hoping to incite a relationship with someone who can read the card. ;)
If you'd be willing to provide us with your own Spanish translation of the English text, we can point out where improvements can be made.

Roman November 08, 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 175036)
We are not a free translation service. We're a community of language learners. Welcome to the forums!

I suppose you're interested in learning Spanish, else you wouldn't consider printing cards in Spanish hoping to incite a relationship with someone who can read the card. ;)
If you'd be willing to provide us with your own Spanish translation of the English text, we can point out where improvements can be made.

I used Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish about year ago, but i have no practice because meeting someone in Los Angeles difficult so i forgot everything.

How about this?
Quote:

Hombre decente y trabajador de 34 años, europeo, no fumador / no bebedor,
quiere construir una familia basada en los valores cristianos tradicionales con un devoto,
Mujer orientada a la familia, 18-25 años.

Si conoces a alguien que pueda estar interesado, (por favor) dale esta tarjeta a ella.

Rusty November 08, 2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 175049)
Hombre decente y trabajador de 34 años, europeo, no fumador / no bebedor, quiere construir una familia basada en los valores cristianos tradicionales con un devoto, Mujer orientada a la familia, 18-25 años.

Si conoces a alguien que pueda estar interesado, (por favor) dale esta tarjeta a ella.

Good job!
Just a few changes needed.

"con un devoto, Mujer" needs no comma, no capitalization, and needs to use an adjective, instead of a noun, and it needs to agree in gender with a female it defines.
", 18-25" needs no comma and could use the preposition 'de'.
"Si conoces" should be 'si se conoce'.
"estar interesado" needs to agree in gender with a female.