Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I don't understand what the green dot thing is near our names (the reputation) (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=2080)

Jessica October 15, 2008 02:01 PM

I don't understand what the green dot thing is near our names (the reputation)

I don't understand what the green dot thing is near our names (the reputation). What does it mean? What does it do?? I moused over mine and it said, "Jchen is on a distinguished road." What in the world does that mean?? And why does some people have two? And what does it mean by adding to "jchen"'s reputation?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rusty October 15, 2008 05:18 PM

Reputation is earned, awarded to you by other members. They can add to or subtract from your reputation (they can also choose to be neutral and not award any reputation). A member can also leave comments as to why they added/subtracted reputation. To do this, they click on the 'balance' icon on one of your posts.

You have one green box for reputation points 1-99. You get another green box for points 100-199. The 'is on a distinguished road' blurb changes as you get more reputation points.

Have a look at this post from Tomísimo for more information.

CrOtALiTo October 15, 2008 06:28 PM

Yes, Jchen exactly the green dot is only your reputation in the forums, and you can give me your opinion or reputation giving click in the balance icon, this icon is in all the post, created for you or for any person sign on in the forum course.

geeper October 16, 2008 07:27 AM

No sabía sobre esto. Ahora sé y lo puedo usar. Gracias.

Jessica October 16, 2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeper (Post 17268)

Huh??? I don't understand much Spanish, lo siento.:confused::confused:

Jessica October 16, 2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 17237)
Reputation is earned, awarded to you by other members. They can add to or subtract from your reputation (they can also choose to be neutral and not award any reputation). A member can also leave comments as to why they added/subtracted reputation. To do this, they click on the 'balance' icon on one of your posts.

You have one green box for reputation points 1-99. You get another green box for points 100-199. The 'is on a distinguished road' blurb changes as you get more reputation points.

Have a look at this post from Tomísimo for more information.

I think I understand it more. Thank you all. :)

geeper October 16, 2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeper (Post 17268)

I said: I didn't know about this. Now I know and can use it. Thanks.

Don't trust my Spanish though. :)

Rusty October 16, 2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeper (Post 17302)

Your Spanish isn't that bad. I don't see a reason to use sobre, because that is part of meaning of the verb saber (to know about something). Many native speakers would argue for a direct object pronoun.

No lo sabía. Ahora lo sé y lo puedo usar. Gracias.

Jessica October 16, 2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeper (Post 17302)

okay. :)

Elaina October 16, 2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 17308)
Your Spanish isn't that bad. I don't see a reason to use sobre, because that is part of meaning of the verb saber (to know about something). Many native speakers would argue for a direct object pronoun.

No lo sabía. Ahora lo sé y lo puedo usar. Gracias.

Rusty, if he was to lliterally translate .... I didn't know about this..... he is correct in saying: No sabía sobre esto.

No:?::confused: