Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Culture (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ¿En qué sitio habéis encontrado a gente más simpática, o más antipática? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=10501)

Sancho Panther March 13, 2011 11:13 AM

¿En qué sitio habéis encontrado a gente más simpática, o más antipática?

My most favourite city has to be Barcelona, I visit it often and I find it endlessly exciting and interesting, but I'll swear that los barceloneses get up early just solely in order to be ruder to more people for longer!

Whereas in contrast los mallorquines are so friendly, polite and helpful that you wouldn't believe it! In fact the first time I went there they were so solicitous and friendly I genuinely thought they were taking the mickey!

What have been your experiences?

poli March 14, 2011 03:07 PM

It's not a perfect world. You may find that in really interesting places, the residents have a tendency to be rude or too busy. Less remarkable places are often inhabited by more hospitable residents.

The friendliest city I've visited is Seattle, Washington--a nice enough place I suppose --but London it's not. There's just not that much for
a visitor to see after two days, but you can have a nice conversation with
a fish monger and not buy anything...it's OK.

Contrary to the cliché, I find Paris friendly, or friendlier than large Spanish cities. It also depends upon who you meet,a visitor's personality, and local manners and customs.

Here's a paradox. New Yorkers have a reputation for rudeness comparable only to Paris, but at the same time New York has the reputation being open to strangers, and lives up to that reputation as well.

Luna Azul April 01, 2011 06:34 PM

Usually people in capital cities aren't very friendly, but I found the people from Rome very nice as opposed to Madrid, for example.

I don't want to offend anybody, but I found very few friendly people in Spain.. maybe because I'm from Latin America and I travel with an American passport? Who knows.. :cool:

Caballero April 01, 2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Azul (Post 108331)
Usually people in capital cities aren't very friendly, but I found the people from Rome very nice as opposed to Madrid, for example.

I don't want to offend anybody, but I found very few friendly people in Spain.. maybe because I'm from Latin America and I travel with an American passport? Who knows.. :cool:

Why would that make them be unfriendly to you?

paparazii2012 April 08, 2011 07:58 AM

I was in Colombia last year and I met the most friendly people there.. I spent a month in Barranquilla and people are really nice.

irmamar April 08, 2011 09:06 AM

Gente simpática he encontrado en muchos sitios. Gente antipática: en Londres. :p

CrOtALiTo April 08, 2011 11:45 AM

I have found people agreeable in the street and I found disagreeable in my company where nowadays I working.

Why do you do the question?

irmamar April 08, 2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 108809)
I have found people agreeable in the street and I found disagreeable in my company where nowadays I working.

Why do you do the question?

La gente agradable que te encuentras por la calle se convierte en compañeros de oficina cuando la conoces bien. :eek: :D

CrOtALiTo April 08, 2011 04:17 PM

Not I'm sure about this, I met to my work partners and they are very different to the people met in the street, I don't know I guess that because as you see them all the days the attitude change with some many labor troubles with your boss or inclusive when there're some different in the same office for everyone.

SpaTeach14 April 09, 2011 03:42 PM

I have to say that Australia was the friendliest place I have ever been. South Korea, I was almost beaten up because I am an American. Although people in Japan do not like Americans, they are always friendly. Actually, the only people in Japan I remember being rude to me were the British ladies in the restaurant when we didn't realize our waitress was asking us if we wanted ice in our drinks (not to offend anyone on that one).