Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Teaching and Learning Techniques (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Want to download Spanish movie with Eng subtitles (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=12696)

Aprendo February 29, 2012 06:09 AM

Want to download Spanish movie with Eng subtitles

Hi, I am looking for a good & interesting movie in Latin American Spanish, but with English subtitles. I'll watch and listen to the movie a couple/few times. Then, I'll watch the Spanish only version without subtitles (by removing them or a different download). For my Spanish study at times, I do this. But I've only done this with one movie: Como Aqua por Chocote. I have watched and listened to this movie many, many, times. This helps me. Any suggestions on a really good movie in Latin American Spanish? It does not have to be new. Thanks in advance, Gracias, Kevin

bellatter March 27, 2012 03:53 PM

The Cantinflas movies are pretty good. They're a little old (1950 and 60s-ish), and a lot of the comedy is based on puns and wordplay, but IIRC most have subtitles.

It seems like Latin American movies with subtitles are much harder to find than Spanish movies.

Sunflower April 01, 2012 10:35 PM

I really liked "The Motorcycle Diaries," which is about Che Guevara's road trip through South America in his youth.

One that my Spanish class just watched was "La Historia Oficial" which is about the mothers of children lost in Argentina's Dirty War. To tell you the truth, it wouldn't have been my first choice for a movie to watch for fun, but it turned out to be pretty good. People in class have found that one on Netflix using the English name (The Official Story). I got The Motorcycle Diaries from a friend, but I'm sure you can find it at a library or floating around online somewhere.

sparkling April 03, 2012 02:34 AM

voces inocentes

Aprendo April 10, 2012 10:24 PM

Gracias for the answers everyone.

I will download some of these movies.

Gracias.

Aprendo April 25, 2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellatter (Post 123492)
The Cantinflas movies are pretty good. They're a little old (1950 and 60s-ish), and a lot of the comedy is based on puns and wordplay, but IIRC most have subtitles.

Voy a recorder "cantinflas" peliculas.

No quero rely solamente on subtitulos. But at this point in my learning I need to learn on the subtitles to get meaning.

I also replay some dialogues over, and over, and over again. It helps my.

Unas pelicuals he mirado: Mar Dentro, Amores Perros, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Hable Con Ella, Tesis.

La proxima peliculas voy a mirar:

La Historial Oficial.
Todo Solo Mi Madra
Obre Los Ojos
Crime of Padre Amaro.

caliber1 May 04, 2012 09:08 PM

He mirado una película se llama "Sin Nombre". Es una drama y tiene mucha violencia y muchas malas palabras pero era muy buena. Me gustó. Si tienes Netflix tu puedes bajarla para mirar en tu computadora. Es de las pandillas de Guatemala y una muchacha que quiere escapar a los estados unidos. Te gustaria. :)

BJ

Rusty May 05, 2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliber1 (Post 124517)
He visto una película que se llama "Sin Nombre". Es una drama que tiene mucha violencia y muchas malas palabras pero era muy buena. Me gustó. Si tienes Netflix (tú) puedes bajarla para ver en tu computadora. Se trata de las pandillas de Guatemala y una muchacha que quiere escapar a los estados unidos. Te gustará. :)

BJ

Some corrections.

caliber1 May 05, 2012 09:50 PM

Thanks rusty. I'll remember that. :D