Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Grammar (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   rr thingy (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=434)

still-learning June 07, 2007 01:56 PM

RR

I am thinking along the lines of Fullbite. I recently had the operation for Sleep Apnea (UPPP) and they did something to my tounge that keeps it from falling back to my throat at night (and it makes swallowing a little different feeling).

Well because of my fat lazy tounge, I had been doing my RR more towards the back of my throat, like the other person said, Now since the operation, I am left with nothing to cheat with, hahah. I can't purr like a cat, growl like a dog, none of the ways I use to cheat work. The "J R" methods is working in the beggining of words. I can get 3 nice trill sounds out. But I can get that, RRRRRRRRRR sound that natives do for emphasis at the begginning of a word.

and the "JR" seems hard at the end of a word.

But Thanks this is a start. My spanish friends now laugh at me now, when i talk because they can see me stopping mid sentence when I get to a work with a RR in it, hahah.

But they understand, it's new people I am afraid to talk to now.

thanks

bobjenkins September 03, 2009 11:03 PM

Encontré unos poemas para ayudarnos a pronunciar el RR

Erre con erre cigarro
Erre con erre barril
Rápido corren los carros
Los carros de ferrocarril

Y

El perro de San Roque no tiene rabo porque Ramón Rodríguez se lo ha cortado

Español  English 
 Aquí es mi consejo, para empezar, inhala una brizna grande, entonces exhala el aire rápidamente y con fuerte

Ya el parte divertido
Ahora al exhala así, sube la lengua lentamente hasta que empiece vibrar

Felicidades lo haces:balloons:

Practica mucho, pero recuerda que tengas que exhalar rápidamente (y con fuerte) al empezar, entonces empieza exhalar más normal. Pronto lo pondrás hacer lentamente y sin esfuerza 
 Here is my advice, to start inhale a large breathe, then exhale quickly and strongly

While exhaling like that slowly move your tongue up to the roof of your mouth until it starts to vibrate

Now you have done it!

Practice it alot, but don't forget to exhale strongly and quickly when beginning. Slowly slow down your exhaling and soon you will be able to do it very easy 

Suerrrrrrrte

ChicadeJeep October 29, 2009 10:28 AM

Gracias por las instrución pero tengo una problema.

I am literally tongue tied. I have ankyloglossia - my frenulum forces my tongue to stay close to the bottom of my mouth. I cannot stick my tongue out. My trilled rr's sound like l's and I really have to force the sound of an r - when I speak it, it is hard to tell the different between pero and perro.

What can I do to make it sound more authentic?

irmamar October 29, 2009 11:43 AM

Some Spanish speaker people have this problem as well. They usually pronounce a soft r or a French r. There's no problem if you can't say a strong r, everybody will understand you :)

ChicadeJeep October 29, 2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 58560)
Some Spanish speaker people have this problem as well. They usually pronounce a soft r or a French r. There's no problem if you can't say a strong r, everybody will understand you :)

Thank you.

What is a "French r"?

irmamar October 29, 2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicadeJeep (Post 58565)
Thank you.

What is a "French r"?

It sounds a bit as a /g/ in the Spanish word "gato" or the English word "go", not exactly, of course; it's more guttural and a bit vibrant. Haven't you ever heard "mon amour" in French? ;)

Perikles October 29, 2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 58567)
. Haven't you ever heard "mon amour" in French? ;)

I have - I had a French girlfriend once. "mon amour" gave me goosebumps.

irmamar October 29, 2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perikles (Post 58575)
I have - I had a French girlfriend once. "mon amour" gave me goosebumps.

goosebumps? :confused: ¿Escalofríos? ¿O te ponía la piel de gallina?

Perikles October 29, 2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmamar (Post 58576)
goosebumps? :confused: ¿Escalofríos? ¿O te ponía la piel de gallina?

me ponía la piel de gallina. :wicked::kiss:

irmamar October 29, 2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perikles (Post 58584)
me ponía la piel de gallina. :wicked::kiss:

Ok, thanks. That's interesting ;)