Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Teaching and Learning Techniques (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Need Help Learning to Speak Fluently (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=8058)

CrOtALiTo May 26, 2010 10:58 AM

Need Help Learning to Speak Fluently

Hello everyone.

I need your help immediately.
I need to learn fast to speak the English, I mean, I need to speak verbally the language of oral way.

Because Accenture group is offering me a new job and well just they need that I speak the English very fluent the language.

The question is.
How I can learn to speak the language the English quickly or improve more my skills.

Please now yes I need your help.

Rusty May 26, 2010 10:17 PM

Learning to speak fluent English takes time (many months). Befriend a native speaker who will correct your every flaw in spoken English, and be patient. There's no quick way to learn a language well.

chileno May 26, 2010 11:59 PM

Start using youtube a lot and start that MSN as soon as possible. There are plenty of people that would like to exchange conversation.

hermit May 27, 2010 07:52 AM

Absolutely - frequent, ongoing conversations in English will enable you
to eliminate the tendency to translate directly from Spanish to English.

As you know, translating directly works some of the time, but often does not work well at all.

Perikles May 27, 2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 83961)
There's no quick way to learn a language well.

How would you translate "Royal Road" (βασιλικήν ατραπόν) into Spanish? :thinking:

chileno May 27, 2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hermit (Post 84055)
Absolutely - frequent, ongoing conversations in English will enable you
to eliminate the tendency to translate directly from Spanish to English.

As you know, translating directly works some of the time, but often does not work well at all.

It works all the time, and the more one uses it the better one gets with time. ;)

I know what you mean though... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perikles (Post 84061)
How would you translate "Royal Road" (βασιλικήν ατραπόν) into Spanish? :thinking:

Camino Real.

laepelba May 27, 2010 10:16 AM

Is there any way that you can spend an extended time in an English speaking country?

chileno May 27, 2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laepelba (Post 84070)
Is there any way that you can spend an extended time in an English speaking country?

To me nowadays could well mean to spend more time online. :-)

I wish I could've had the facility that the internet affords people today, in my time.

Esperar May 27, 2010 12:45 PM

Have you tried watching English tv shows? I'd offer to speak to you over a microphone, but I wouldn't know what I'd say! I'm not opposed to doing that though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chileno (Post 84068)
It works all the time, and the more one uses it the better one gets with time. ;)

I know what you mean though... :)

Camino Real.

Good thing you told me this, as I would have said "calle." Real would have been easy though, because I would think of Royal Madrid. :)

laepelba May 27, 2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chileno (Post 84072)
To me nowadays could well mean to spend more time online. :-)

I wish I could've had the facility that the internet affords people today, in my time.

Except that "online" doesn't give me the opportunity to have a conversation. I can write in Spanish - I can read some in Spanish. But to have a conversation is something that I cannot do yet....