Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Translations (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Legal document of divorce judgment (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=23708)

Pura April 30, 2019 02:42 PM

Legal document of divorce judgment

En este documento existen 2 palabras que no se como traducir en Ingles. Me pueden ayudar, por favor?
1. (Vistos) y (Autos) = court order?
Vistos, para resolver en definitiva, los autos originales del expediente numero xxxx, relativo al juicio de divorcio incausado.

Thank You!

aleCcowaN April 30, 2019 10:14 PM

explanation, not translation

vistos los autos = having considering all the judicial decrees and/or edicts written during the development of a specific trial, especially those from the ruling.

visto = past participle of ver

autos = judicial decrees, edicts

The Hispanic legal system (no juries) has always been based on written documents. It was customary that testimonies weren't given in front of the judge but written down and incorporated to the records for the judge to later consider them. This has changed in the last decades and now there are procedures that are to be done orally in front of the judge (and even newly adopted juries).

Autos is what sums up and conclude the legal action in the ruling/sentencing phase.

AngelicaDeAlquezar May 01, 2019 08:40 PM

I agree with Alec. I will just add that in Mexico "vistos" may be some sort of hearings too, but I don't know if there is any equivalent in English. Also, "autos" may refer either to the previous resolutions made by the judge or the documents submitted by the lawyer to the court for the case. :thinking:

poli May 02, 2019 02:19 AM

Could a visto be a face-to-face?
A face-to-face is meeting between an applicant and an official. It is often a formal meeting used to appeal a denied claim.

AngelicaDeAlquezar May 02, 2019 05:58 PM

I don't know what the difference between "vistos" and "audiencias" is; I have the impression that both have the two parts speaking before a judge. I'm not sure a face-to-face is an equivalent of these. :thinking:

poli May 02, 2019 06:42 PM

A face to face may not include a judge. In many cases, it's an adjudicator. I believe a claimant may bring a lawyer to such meetings.

Pura May 03, 2019 11:45 AM

Thank you All for your help. It is greatly appreciated and you are the best!!!

AngelicaDeAlquezar May 03, 2019 04:00 PM

@Pura: I'm glad you find the forums useful.

@Poli: I don't have anyone to ask about this, but I'm not sure there is anything like a face-to-face procedure here. :thinking:

poli May 04, 2019 09:16 AM

Angelica, there may be a good reason you have never heard the term face to face. The Spanish speakers I know who use the term call it un face to face:D

AngelicaDeAlquezar May 04, 2019 02:09 PM

I'll leave it there then. :lol: