Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Practice & Homework (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Let's share! (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=10559)

parlance March 21, 2011 02:57 AM

Hola amigos tipos,

Mi llamo Lloyd. Soy de Singapur. Gustaría buscar un hispanohablante por practica español, lo por favor no hesite a invitar por un intercambio de correo electrónico. (mi correo electrónico es lloyd.spanish@gmail.com)

Singapur es un país pequeño en Asia. Tiene cuarenta y cinco años con cuatro milliones de personas. Tenemos el verano durante todo el años, pero no invierno, primavera y otoño. La aniversario es en nueve de agosto. Ella una lugar bonita, lo visitar cuando se puede!

Adíos por ahora,
Lloyd

P.S.: I admit that I am still using google translate to get words but I didn't use them for conjugation. Forgive me for any mistakes for I have only been actively learning it since last week. Thank you all so much in advance!

Al norte de Singpure es Malasia. Es un país más grande. El ciudad más cerca es Johor Bahru. Personas de Singapur van a Johor para comer porque más barato. Tambíen, la comida son buenas.

Tengo miedo de gatos, pero estoy curioso también. Estos animales bonitas porque de sus pieles.

AngelicaDeAlquezar March 21, 2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parlance (Post 107832)
Hola amigos tipos (Did you mean "kind"? Avoid online translators. Use a bilingual dictionary to get a list of the possible words, and use a Spanish-Spanish one to make sure of the meaning of each one, so you'll get to use the right one. It will be slow, but you'll learn much more. I think you meant "amables amigos"),

Mi Me llamo Lloyd. Soy de Singapur. Me gustaría buscar un hispanohablante por para practicar español. lo Por favor no hesite a ("hesitar" is never used. "Dudar" is much better) dude en invitame por a un intercambio de correo electrónico. (mi correo electrónico es lloyd.spanish@gmail.com)

Singapur es un país pequeño en Asia. Tiene cuarenta y cinco años con de historia y cuatro milliones de personas habitantes. (The way you wrote it before looked like the country had been accompanying 4 million persons for 45 years, which doesn't make much sense. One has to be a bit more explicit. ;) As for "personas", although it would be understood, "habitantes" is the standard way to talk about the number of people living in a geographic region) Tenemos el Estamos en verano durante todo el años año, pero no invierno, primavera y u (A negative sentence would need "o", but the word "otoño" starts with another "o", so for euphonic reasons, it's changed for "u") otoño. La aniversario (Be careful, "la" is a feminine and "aniversario" is a masculine) es en el nueve de agosto. Ella una lugar bonita, lo visitar cuando se puede! (This construction makes no sense, and there's another feminine-masculine issue in the first part. What you mean "Es un lugar bonito, visítenlo/visítelo/visítalo/visitadlo cuando puedan/pueda/puedas/podáis.)

Adíos Adiós por ahora,
Lloyd

[...]
Al norte de Singpure es está Malasia. Es un país más grande. El ciudad (feminine-masculine again) más cerca es Johor Bahru. Algunas personas de Singapur van a Johor para a comer porque es más barato. Tambíen También, la comida son buenas (singular and plural also must agree).

Tengo miedo de los (articles are very important in Spanish) gatos, pero [S]estoy curioso también[/S] también me dan curiosidad. Estos animales bonitas porque de sus pieles. (Sentence makes no sense, and you're missing the agreement between feminine and masculine again. What you mean is "estos animales son bonitos por sus pieles")

Some comments and corrections above. Be careful with the place of accents, they're not gratuitous. :)

And one more suggestion: Take a look here for some help on "para" and "por". :)

CrOtALiTo March 22, 2011 01:06 PM

Hello Lord.

I can give you my e-mail address if you want, already I can give to support with your learning meanwhile I'm learning with you too.

If you teach me English, I can help with you Spanish.
Although I'm not enough good for be a teacher for you, but I try it.

Please check out it.

my skype is spacejamone

Sincerely yours.

parlance March 25, 2011 06:51 AM

Thank you AngelicaDeAlquezar for your time to edit my piece. I have a few questions regarding my previous post:

1. I was intending to say "I would like to look for someone who speaks Spanish to practice my Spanish with, so please do not hesitate to invite me for an email exchange."

Is there any way to say this in one whole sentence? Your edit split it into two instead.

2. Invitame = invite me?

3. When and how do I use the word "dan"? Me dan curiosidad = I give curiosity?

Thank you once again for providing feedback. It is really valuable information though I could use some time to internalise this.

Jorge, I've added you on Skype. When will you usually be online? I'll try to catch you one day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo (Post 107899)
Hello Lord.

I can give you my e-mail address if you want, already I can give to support with your learning meanwhile I'm learning with you too.

If you teach me English, I can help with you Spanish.
Although I'm not enough good for be a teacher for you, but I try it.

Please check out it.

my skype is spacejamone

Sincerely yours.

I can give you my e-mail address if you want. I am ready to support your learning and meanwhile I can learn with you too.

If you teach me English, I can help with your Spanish.

Please check it out.

My skype is spacejamone.

Sincerely yours.

Hasta la vista,
Lloyd.

Here's my attempt for more Spanish!

Soy un profesor tiempo parcial.

Quiero salvar dineros por mis gastos universidad.

Estoy planificar traer mi bicicleta negra a mi residencia.

Es mi bicicleta primera.

Mi pareja de cuarto es John.

El es mi amigo colegio.

Estuve de ejértico por dos años.

No son tiempos más muchos de mi vida.

Aunque me amor la compañia de amigos.

Vosotros son muchos cimpáticos.

Sin embargo juegamos básquetbol juntos.

AngelicaDeAlquezar March 25, 2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parlance (Post 108017)
1. I was intending to say "I would like to look for someone who speaks Spanish to practice my Spanish with, so please do not hesitate to invite me for an email exchange."

Is there any way to say this in one whole sentence? Your edit split it into two instead.

I tried to keep a simple structure, but yes, it can be said in one sentence: "Me gustaría encontrar a alguien que hable español para practicarlo, así que por favor no duden en invitarme a un intercambio por correo electrónico".

2. Invitarme = invite me Sorry, I didn't notice the missing "r".

3. When and how do I use the word "dan"? Me dan curiosidad = I give curiosity? No. "They make me curious" is the right translation.
I'm curious = (algo) me da curiosidad. "Estoy curioso" is an awkward expression and "soy curioso" means that I want to know about everything all the time.
It's a similar structure to the verb "gustar".

Quote:

Soy un profesor de tiempo parcial.

Quiero salvar guardar/ahorrar dineros dinero (this word is hardly used in plural) por para (There are several threads in the forums to help you with para/por) mis gastos de la universidad. (Be careful with the ellipsis of prepositions in English, they can't be omitted in Spanish.)

Estoy planificar pensando traer mi bicicleta negra a mi residencia casa. ("Planificar" is a formal verb used mostly for a professional purpose like planning a building, but when you are thinking about a more immediate action, "pensar"/"considerar" are much more suitable verbs. And "residencia" is rarely used as "my house".)

Es mi primera bicicleta.

Mi pareja compañero de cuarto es John.

Él es mi amigo del colegio.

Estuve de en el ejértico ejército por durante dos años.

No son tiempos más muchos de mi vida. Sorry, can't figure out what you're saying here.

Aunque me amor me gusta (Be very careful: "amor" is not a verb, and "amar" doesn't have the same kind of meanings as it does in English. It's mostly associated with affection, not with an intense liking) la compañía de mis/los amigos.

Vosotros son (Wrong agreement between verb and subject) muchos ("muchos" is not an adverb, which is what you need here, so the right word is "muy") simpáticos.

Sin embargo juegamos jugamos básquetbol juntos.

Nice tries. Maybe you would profit from books with progressive lessons. :)
Also, I suggest you use an English-Spanish dictionary to find the words you don't know, but check each Spanish word in a Spanish dictionary to make sure about its meaning. It's going to be slow, but you'll learn much more than by merely using the first word from an online translator.
Finally, be careful too with the spelling... it is true that many Spanish speakers don't really care much about it, but one cannot really learn a language if one doesn't care about spelling or grammar. ;)

pinosilano March 25, 2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Soy un profesor tiempo parcial.
Quiero salvar dineros por mis gastos universidad.
Estoy planificar traer mi bicicleta negra a mi residencia.
Es mi bicicleta primera.
Mi pareja de cuarto es John.
El es mi amigo colegio.
Estuve de ejértico por dos años.
No son tiempos más muchos de mi vida.
Aunque me amor la compañia de amigos.
Vosotros son muchos cimpáticos.
Sin embargo juegamos básquetbol juntos.

Admiro tu coraje. Te has lanzado en la piscina para aprender a nadar.:p
A tu disposición.
PS

parlance March 29, 2011 10:05 AM

Hi everyone,

What I meant to say with "No son tiempos más muchos de mi vida" was that it was not the best time of my life.

As for the wrong verb-subject match, is it correct if I say "Ellos son muchos cimpáticos."? Thank you all so much for your time, really appreciate it!

Warmest regards,
Lloyd

CrOtALiTo March 31, 2011 08:23 PM

Don't worry for the corrections, I accept your corrections mean you are teaching a little English to me.

I will waiting more corrections in my post.

Sincerely yours.

AngelicaDeAlquezar March 31, 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parlance (Post 108209)
Hi everyone,

What I meant to say with "No son tiempos más muchos de mi vida" was that it was not the best time of my life.
"No es la mejor época de mi vida"

As for the wrong verb-subject match, is it correct if I say "Ellos son muchos cimpáticos."?

"Simpáticos" was already corrected. And no, "mucho" is not "very", but "much".
"Ellos son muy simpáticos"

Corrections above