Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Teaching and Learning Techniques (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ¡Rápido! (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=10947)

Torres May 18, 2011 11:36 PM

¡Rápido!

Cuando yo era chiquita, este es trabalenguas tradicional Colombiano. Es para todos los que tenga problemas pronunciando la doble rr del español

"Rápido ruedan los carros, cargados de azúcar en el ferrocarril":coffeebreak:

poli May 19, 2011 05:16 AM

...and if you were from Barranquilla those r's would rreally rroll.

aleCcowaN May 19, 2011 05:46 AM

Para mí era:

"Erre con erre, guitarra; erre con erre, barril; rápido ruedan las ruedas, las ruedas del carro del ferrocarril"

Caballero May 19, 2011 07:49 AM

Unfortunately that won't help English speakers, because we would just persist in pronouncing those r's like our "r" in "red".
What helped me to roll r's in other languages was saying something like this really fast like a tongue twister:

"Brother's better bitter butter."

This only works for North American English, of course. Other dialects that actually pronounce the "t's" as t's or turn them into glottal stops won't work. But since the "t" in North American English between vowels is a lot like the Spanish single "r" if you say those words fast enough, it eventually starts becoming "rr". Somehow the tapped t plus the "r" after it seems to do the trick, wheras just saying an "r" alone doesn't help since it's a different kind of r. :)

Luna Azul May 20, 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 110873)
Cuando yo era chiquita, este es trabalenguas tradicional Colombiano. Es para todos los que tenga problemas pronunciando la doble rr del español

"Rápido ruedan los carros, cargados de azúcar en el ferrocarril":coffeebreak:

El trabalenguas completo era:

"Erre con erre cigarro, erre con erre barril, rápido ruedan los carros cargados de azúcar al ferrocarril".

:coffeebreak::coffeebreak:

Torres May 21, 2011 05:39 AM

RR

This is a little tongue-twister in spanish to help you practice the sound of the double R.

"Rápido ruedan los carros, cargados de azúcar, del ferrocarril"

Hope it helps

:thinking:

explorator May 21, 2011 12:36 PM

Esta es la versión en España para el mismo fin:
"El perro de San Roque no tiene rabo porque Ramón Rodríguez se lo ha cortado".

(De pequeño sólo pronunciaba la erre francesa y aprendí a pronunciar la española repitiendo este verso).

CrOtALiTo May 21, 2011 06:02 PM

Rueda la pelota.

The ball rotate.

RR Ruuuuuuurrrr

Of that form I can pronounce the word.

Sincerely yours.

vita32 May 27, 2011 12:23 PM

When I was growing up, we have a way to call all our chickens for morning or afternoon feeding and they came running from all over the hillside to our yard. The call starts with KO followed by a serries of rrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and ends with k again, as in "KORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRK!. The call can be prolonged as much as the caller wants to. This gave us a good practice on the rolling r sound. Try it if you dare! :):D

Luna Azul May 27, 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vita32 (Post 111327)
When I was growing up, we have a way to call all our chickens for morning or afternoon feeding and they came running from all over the hillside to our yard. The call starts with KO followed by a serries of rrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and ends with k again, as in "KORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRK!. The call can be prolonged as much as the caller wants to. This gave us a good practice on the rolling r sound. Try it if you dare! :)

I dared.. :p

But I cheated... Spanish is my native language..:D