Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Practice & Homework (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I want to improve my English skills (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=251)

Tomisimo May 11, 2006 07:19 PM

Re: I want to improve my English skills

Quote:

Originally Posted by shruti
Wow. I'd just like to say you speak English really well. I know native English speakers worse than you, so don't be discouraged - honestly. I'm a third-year Spanish student and I recently visited Spain - and understanding people talk is hard. TV? Forget it.

Anyway, if you'd like to converse, I'd be happy to.

What part of Spain were you in? I've never visited, but I'd like to some day. :)

shruti May 12, 2006 04:57 PM

I was only there for ten days, which was sad; we started in Madrid (with which I'm pretty much in love) and went farther south from there.

MortgageBroker June 01, 2006 09:08 AM

Shruti,

Necessito practicar me Espanol. Escribe a me en Engles y responde en Espanol.

Vale?

Eric June 01, 2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortgageBroker
Shruti,

Necessito practicar me Espanol. Escribe a me en Engles y responde en Espanol.

Vale?

Necesito practicar el Español. Me escribe en ingles y les reponderé en Español.

MortgageBroker June 01, 2006 10:19 AM

Yo comprendo, "el Espanol", gracias!

Porque no Ingles pero ingles, cuando usa Espanol, no espanol?
Porque "les repondere"? Not "I will respond"? Is that "I will respond to them"?

EnglishStudent June 02, 2006 09:11 AM

En inglés, los idiomas se deben de escribir con mayúsculas, ejemplo: I speak English; She speaks French; He speaks Japanese. Esto es para diferenciarlo del adjetivo, ejemplo: He is a japanese citizen; She is a French musician.

En español no, en ambos casos se escribe con minúsculas, ejemplo: Yo soy español; Ella es japonesa; Él es chino.

Espero haber sido claro.

Eric June 02, 2006 09:20 AM

I was not aware of that. Thank you. I'm used to proper nouns being capitalized. ;D

matches June 05, 2006 09:41 PM

Hey English Student,

One of the best ways you can learn to speak English, is find a type of music that you enjoy thats done in English and start singing along with the words. Don't be concerned with the meaning of what you're saying at the first, just get the inflection and annunciation down first, then go after the meaning. You say that you do alot of reading , thats good; but whatever you read, read it out loud get used to hearing yourself speak whatever language you desire to learn. As far as getting discouraged, there is nothing wrong with that, it's when you quit because of the discouragement that you cheat yourself. As one respondent has already said, you already are better at English than some native speakers.

Until...

Tomisimo June 05, 2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric
I was not aware of that. Thank you. I'm used to proper nouns being capitalized. ;D

Yep, there's just different rules in Spanish ;D

Chorbdaddy June 09, 2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matches
Hey English Student,

One of the best ways you can learn to speak English, is find a type of music that you enjoy thats done in English and start singing along with the words. Don't be concerned with the meaning of what you're saying at the first, just get the inflection and annunciation down first, then go after the meaning. You say that you do alot of reading , thats good; but whatever you read, read it out loud get used to hearing yourself speak whatever language you desire to learn. As far as getting discouraged, there is nothing wrong with that, it's when you quit because of the discouragement that you cheat yourself. As one respondent has already said, you already are better at English than some native speakers.

Until...

In case English Student is trying to translate and understand, I believe this word should be enunciation.