Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Translations (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Takes the cake! (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=4121)

Marsopa May 28, 2009 02:26 PM

Takes the cake!

Okay, Everyone,

This one takes the cake: (anyone dare to help me?)

"To assess vigilant attention, the TOVA was administered. This is a 24 minute computer based vigilance test that is sensistive to the arousal aspects of attention relevant to the diagnosis of ADHD."

So far, I have:

Para evaluar la atención, se le administró la prueba TOVA. Esta prueba computarizada de vigilancia dura 24 minutos y puede evaluar detalladamente los aspectos (arousal??) de atención pertinentes al diagnóstico de TDAH.

Que les parece?:(

CrOtALiTo May 28, 2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsopa (Post 37338)
Okay, Everyone,

"To assess vigilant attention, the TOVA was administered. This is a 24 minute computer based vigilance test that is sensistive to the arousal aspects of attention relevant to the diagnosis of ADHD."

So far, I have:

Para evaluar la atención, se le administró la prueba TOVA. Esta prueba computarizada de vigilancia dura 24 minutos y puede evaluar detalladamente los aspectos (arousal??) de atención pertinentes al diagnóstico de TDAH.

I believe that your translation is correct.

I don't find mistakes to be corrected.

Tomisimo May 29, 2009 09:25 PM

I think what you have so far is pretty good. Here are a few minor changes I might make.

Para evaluar la atención, se le administró la prueba TOVA. Ésta es una prueba de vigilancia computarizada de 24 minutos que [es sensible a|toma en cuenta] los aspectos del despertamiento de atención [relevantes|pertinentes] al diagnóstico de TDAH.

brute June 23, 2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsopa (Post 37338)
Okay, Everyone,

So far, I have:

Perhaps you could translate it first from "English with interference" into "English without"! This is gobbledigook jargon and really does take the cake (or biscuit in UK)
I am sure that even the best Spanish translation will be just as obscure and unintelligible as the original!! :yuck::yuck::yuck:

poli June 23, 2009 05:26 AM

Marsopa, your translation seems good to me.