Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español

Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   La gramática (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Como se lee en inglés la letra ñ, si quieres deletrear algo? (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=4611)

ROBINDESBOIS July 15, 2009 03:22 PM

Como se lee en inglés la letra ñ, si quieres deletrear algo?

ñ en inglés como se deletrea ?

Rusty July 15, 2009 03:32 PM

We spell it 'ny', as in 'canyon', but in many parts of America we recognize the ñ and pronounce it correctly.

ROBINDESBOIS July 15, 2009 03:40 PM

and if you spell the name to somebody how do you spell it ?
Spanish n or sthg like that?

brute July 15, 2009 03:46 PM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Rusty (Mensaje 42165)
We spell it 'ny', as in 'canyon', but in many parts of America we recognize the ñ and pronounce it correctly.

Ñ. ¿El nombre de esta letera? Decimos en inglés "EN TILDE"

ROBINDESBOIS July 15, 2009 03:52 PM

so if I want to spell my surname Niño, I say , en, ai, n en tilde ou ?

It sounds weird can you explain a little more please ?

CrOtALiTo July 15, 2009 04:14 PM

Rusty. I'm doubtfullness, I knew that the letter Ñ does not exit in English.

Now I see in this post that the letter Ñ is used for the American's people.

Rusty July 15, 2009 07:01 PM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por ROBINDESBOIS (Mensaje 42169)
so if I want to spell my surname Niño, I say , en, ai, n en tilde ou ?

It sounds weird can you explain a little more please ?

Actually, we say 'n' with the squiggley mark over it. Most people don't know what to call the tilde, so they say the squiggley mark.
en, ai, en with a squiggley mark over it, ou

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por CrOtALiTo (Mensaje 42171)
Rusty, I'm doubtful. lness, I know that the letter Ñ does not exist in English.

Now I see in this post that the letter Ñ is used by the American's people.

I said there are many Americans that recognize it (and most know that it comes from Spanish). We borrow words from many languages in English. Sometimes we change the spelling of ñ to 'ny,' like in canyon (cañón). Sometimes we don't. For instance, most Americans recognize the word El Niño, which we know as a warmer current of water flowing in the Atlantic Ocean which affects our weather. But most wouldn't recognize the word as meaning the Christ Child.

CrOtALiTo July 15, 2009 07:44 PM

Cita:

Escrito originalmente por Rusty (Mensaje 42175)
Actually, we say 'n' with the squiggley mark over it. Most people don't know what to call the tilde, so they say the squiggley mark.
en, ai, en with a squiggley mark over it, ou

I said there are many Americans that recognize it (and most know that it comes from Spanish). We borrow words from many languages in English. Sometimes we change the spelling of ñ to 'ny,' like in canyon (cañón). Sometimes we don't. For instance, most Americans recognize the word El Niño, which we know as a warmer current of water flowing in the Atlantic Ocean which affects our weather. But most wouldn't recognize the word as meaning the Christ Child.

Ok, I got it.

I know that the word doubtfulness means ( Dudoso ), because I asked it time before, but now you told me that also the word means doubtful means Dudoso, therefore now I'm doubtful with What word should I use?

I appreciate your help.

Rusty July 15, 2009 08:51 PM

Doubtful is the adjective. Doubt and doubtfulness are nouns. You need to pay attention to the parts of speech.

Estoy dudoso. I'm doubtful. (this is the adjective form)
Tengo dudas. I have doubts. (this is the noun form) In English, a doubt is not exactly the same thing as a question. Tengo una duda. = I have a question.

Una falta de convicción es doubtfulness. This noun isn't used as often as doubt.

CrOtALiTo July 16, 2009 08:35 AM

Ok, thank you for the explain.

La franja horaria es GMT -6. Ahora son las 09:35 PM.

Foro powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.