View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 01:04 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Swedish
Jokerstyle is on a distinguished road
Ohai Spanish Forum!

Ahoy folks, I have been checking out your forum and I must say it seems rather awesome I currently have an abundance of free time on my hands, and wish to put it to some productive use. Hence; I now lurk these forums for the definite future.

My first contact with Spanish was during age 13 when I studied it once a week as a mandatory topic in school. At the time being, I did not care very much for learning another language (Which was strange, since I actually find languages interesting. On the other hand I was still a kid and felt somewhat uncomfortable riding my bike through town to end up in the random mish-mash class of students from different schools).

Anyhow, during the subsequent 6 years I barely used Spanish at all, so I now remember close to nothing. When I decided to learn another language however, Spanish instantly came to mind. I downloaded the podcast 'Coffe Break Spanish' and listened to the free season 1, which defibrillated my memory to a certain degree.

Listening to people teach the language was great, but I soon hit a point where I felt one could only learn so much from hearing other people speak the language without actually interacting in it on my own accord.
Long story short, I thought I'd hang around here and fire off some gramatically incorrect messages now and then, in the hopes of improving my ability to convey my thoughts a little

To introduce me personally, I'm 21 years of age and live in Sweden. I have been to a Spanish speaking country only once (Gran canaria) where I spake a total of 10 different words in total. Although I used those 10 words very, very often.
I effervesce adventure, and never pass up a chance to climb a good tree or the like. Which is what got me into geocaching. Other than running around outside looking like a total 10-year-old I crave a steady supply of boardgames to keep me amused. I play most about anything, but I often find myself enjoying competitive games with way too many rules more than the standard round of Monopoly. (I'm considering purchasing a Warhammer army, so if You want to discuss that with a newbie then by all means).

Jokerstyle out!

Last edited by Jokerstyle; May 20, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removing spam.