View Single Post
Old October 19, 2011, 02:20 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckc777 View Post
I live in Texas and would like to be able to communicate with the Spanish community here. Could someone tell me if Spanish in Mexico is much different from the Spanish that Spanish-Americans speak?

While I'm at it, is there much difference between Spanish in Mexico and Spanish in Central America and South America? How about Spain? I'm sure each country and continent have certain differences and dialects, but overall is the Spanish about the same?

I'm concerned that the immigrants coming up through Mexico and beyond will be speaking a very different language than the Spanish-Americans (Pardon me if I'm using the wrong description....no offense intended).

I'm trying to determine which books/cd's etc. would best suit me given the area that I live. I've already invested in some books and a home study course, but I am now wondering if I am learning a lot of unnecessary Spanish. I can see that this is going to be hard enough as it is. Thanks, Chris
This thread has a lot of time, and I don't know really if you someday will read this commentary, then the Spanish is universal everyone speak Spanish have different the accent very remarked, for example here in Mexico the speech is definitively the accent is different to the Spanish spoken in Spain, now the Argentines have other form to speak the language although the language is the same for everyone the language is overall and all the country including the United States are same, the words are the same, my Spanish is the same than your ones, now the Spanish isn't catalogued as dialect, already a dialect is a other language not recognize as officially language for example the dialect Mayan or other spoken in my country.

Although they are very spoken in several regions from my country, but that dialect or kind to language only is spoken on some country of Central American and South America, the countries that use this dialect are very counted.

So that the Spanish is the same in all the world, I don't grasp to find a difference, either in the English language.

If I'm bad please you do your commentary about this thread, already I have proud of my language and I'd like to know your view point about it.

Regards.