View Single Post
Old December 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
GuapaErika is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
"Estaba" / "estuvo" would sound better to my ears.
"Era" would express more the idea that there is some food that was good once but will never have such characteristic again.
·Hace veinte años, los tacos en la calle eran deliciosos; ahora ni siquiera tienen sabor.
·La comida que preparaba mi abuela era deliciosa. (She may no longer be there or she doesn't cook well anymore... or she doesn't cook at all anymore.)
¿Es mejor usar el pretérito o el imperfecto en este caso? "La comida estuvo bien. - La comida estaba bien." Pienso que entiendo la diferencia entre los dos tiempos verbales, pero a veces no sé lo que debo usar.

But it does make sense that it should be "estar". ¡Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I'm going to travel with my family toward to Carmen City where I've I have family too, I hope I'm going to eat a turkey I hope it so.

And well I wish you the best this end year for you and your family too,
(I wish you and your family the best this year!)

I'm sorry, sometimes I loss lose practice writing English, this happens when I disconnect of from the computer and the forums, and when I didn't have sleep haven't slept/don't sleep very well.

Just I'm sleep now. I'm just going to sleep now. (?)

Your English is pretty good, but I've made a few minor corrections! One thing to note in the first sentence is that you want to keep the verb 'have' there instead of making the contraction "I've" because it is showing possession, not being used in a verb phrase.

I have family in Colorado.
I've visited them often.

Last edited by Rusty; December 22, 2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: merged back-to-back posts